Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GOP in Colorado is running a nice squeaky clean operation

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    The republican party has always been a private club. All political parties were and are. At one time they didn't even have primaries. The party leaders pick their candidates. You guys have a lot to learn.

^^^ this^^^^

and it's so hard to believe that so many "adults" didn't get educated in this in high school. There is NOWHERE in the Constitution that outlines rules for organizing any political party. Political parties have always been run by "power brokers" and the membership consists of somewhat like minded individuals. If you don't like the way the "R's" or the "D's" operate their party systems, join the "L" party .... or convince some folks with money to join and promote your own "XYZ party".

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Now thats bad right there.

I was raised hillbilly and now live in the DEEP South. The hillbilly part doesn't like government much at all. We'd rather have our freedom to make it on our own or die trying. Dont want the government to do much at all except keep the commies and illegals from crossing the border. Where I live now is about the same but more laid back. They still don't like the government much here either.

Truth be known the real reason Trump won big in most southern states is because he works for a living and never held political office, back to the not liking government thing. Probably as much libertarian as conservative down here and if the libertarians dropped their drug and prostitution stands they'd probably be more popular.

Side note for general education purposes: We don't have a race problem down here either contrary to popular opinion. We had our civil war. I've lived in NJ and been across the country and tell you there is a bigger problem north, east, and west than down here they're just not honest about it. Lots of folks are suprised at that when they come here but we aren't advertising because it would draw more liberals. Kids still say yes ma'am and sir and get their butt beat if they act up too. Oh, and we all DO own guns.
    yqtszhj, you're the Man!

Please allow me to freestyle a few related comments:

I was born in NJ, briefly lived in CA when I was too young to even remember, then raised and grew up in the Chicago suburbs and MI in the 70's - 90's. Moved to GA just before the turn of the century, and have been here ever since.

The Constitution does not guarantee a right to happiness. Rather, the Constitution guarantees a right to pursue happiness. BIG difference! Whether you make it or not is at a significant level on you and your immediate family and close support group. It is not a government mandate.

I'm white, and when I was working my first real career job after college in IL, my immediate supervisor was a wonderful successful black lady who grew up in Mississippi. She told me something I'll never forget. She said that the difference between the deep South and the Midwest in regards to racism is that in MS if she walked into someplace and was not welcome due to her race she knew immediately she was not welcomed. In Chicago though she would never know it unless someone later told her that might not have been the best idea to go there. Her point was that there is an insincerity up North, whereas people in the South are markedly more genuine.

In my own experience, people in the South are generally much more accepting of people unlike themselves. I have a good friend here now who I have worked with and known for many years. He is a Georgia born son of a Confederate son's Grandpa. Full on Robert E. Lee beard and all. A great guy. He had some medical concerns that put him in the hospital for a week or so a few years ago. I made a point to help he and his wife in any way I could during their time of need, out of concern for my friend. As I was driving him home from the hospital in Atlanta to his North Georgia home, he somewhat wistfully was looking out the car window and said indirectly to me, "Tim, ya'll a good Yankee." I took it as the highest praise.

Tim