Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Carbine feed issues

Default Carbine feed issues

I just got my AOM180 yesterday. After doing a quick clean on it, I loaded the 15 round magazine with Armscor ammo. At first I couldn't get the bolt to catch a round to feed it into the chamber; it just slid over the top. I removed and re-inserted the magazine a couple times, and it began to pick up the ammo. Then I had another issue. About every other round would chamber in front of the extractor, and I would have to force it onto the round to fire or eject the round. The Promag magazine I picked up did better, but it wasn't perfect either. Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?

Mr. F, try replacing the magazine catch with one from Fulton Armory or a GI. After I did this the AO operated correctly. You can view instruction on You Tube; it takes about 5 minutes, with a small screw driver.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomaguy View Post
    Mr. F, try replacing the magazine catch with one from Fulton Armory or a GI. After I did this the AO operated correctly. You can view instruction on You Tube; it takes about 5 minutes, with a small screw driver.
    Oklahomaguy is right on the money. You can obtain an M2 magazine catch from either Fulton Armory or Numrich Gunparts (always an excellent parts source) will serve you well. (Numrich has the part in stock as I write this).

www.keepshooting.com has some 30-round magazines available. Not only do they have decent reliability ratings, the magazines have a "last round hold open" feature. At less than $16.00 each and a flat $9.00 shipping rate, you should be quite satisfied).

I have some that will arrive in my mail box on Wednesday morning (8/10/2016).