Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got a Kahr K9, need reccomendations for an OWB leather thumb snap holster

That looks like it would be a winner. I've used some Mitch Rosen stuff and its all good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default K9 California certification

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerk View Post
    Been trying to get a Kahr k9 for a few years but here in the crappy state of California they are not on our roster so we can't buy them unless they are from a private party . . .
    I'm a newbie, so I'm trying to familiarize myself with the labyrinthine California rules, with limited success. I want a Kahr K9, too, and assumed that I have through January, 2017 to purchase one, per the CA DOJ website: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ which lists K9093A & NA / K9098A & NA as certified for sale.
    Are these particular models hard to find?
    What's the problem with finding a California-legal version?
    Last edited by tokuno; 04-19-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: bad link

Does the Mitch Rosen holster cover the entire slide? I really don't want to hang my gun up anymore than I need to. That price is also really appealing...

I just looked at a tauga holster for my buddies pm9 and it looks and feels really nice. Fairly comparable to my galco cop 3 slot holster except without the extra belt hole, which I do not need anyways.

I think the choices are going to be between:

Galco Fletch
    Desantis belt slide holster with thumb break
    The aforementioned Mitch Rosen
    The tauga OWB with thumb snap designed for the kahr p9/k9
    And the galco cop 3 slot (becaus3 I can get it for 20 bucks cheaper than a galco fletch)

I'm so stuck its actually comical. I'm usually a galco fan but right now I'm finding myself in a pickle.

Apparently I mispoke... My bad. While I was working at the gun store I was under the impression that they had fallen off roster. I guess they renewed it and I just didn't pay enough attention. Dirp.

I feel dumb now. But I'm still very happy I have a K9

Grats my friend. My k9 is my favorite nine of all times . The holster thing is a little hard. I use a bianchi minimalist 105 , it has a rubber strap for retenson. A k9 can be shot hundreds of rounds with out any stress on the hands .

Quote Originally Posted by american pie View Post
    Grats my friend. My k9 is my favorite nine of all times . The holster thing is a little hard. I use a bianchi minimalist 105 , it has a rubber strap for retenson. A k9 can be shot hundreds of rounds with out any stress on the hands .
    I'm actually a 1911 guy. I build em. I like to buy springfields, completely gut them out and rework them into more proper duty guns. My personal duty gun is a springfield armory loaded target 9mm stainless but I really can't call it that any more...

Soon my k9 will also be in the duty mix

I bought the Mitch Rosen off of the Kahr website with the thumbbreak. It works fine. I also purchased the Desantis Speed Scabbard. Perfect fit with adjustable retention.

How tight is the fit in the Mitch Rosen holster? And how well do they reholster? I take a lot of tactical classes for fun and just watched a guys holster get way too soft and he was having a lot of trouble reholstering without using both hands. It was a galco cop 3 slot that I was just giving praise to... Made me rethink my choice.

Also, I keep coming back to tauga. I beat the crap out of my gear getting in and out of the guard truck so I end up feeling bad when I buy a nice holster.

How tight is the fit in the Mitch Rosen holster? And how well do they reholster?
    Apologies but I misspoke. I must have purchased the Mitch Rosen for my MK9. I pulled out my K9 and holster and it is a High Noon. I'm not sure of the exact model although I could look it up. As far as rigidity and reholstering: it is still fairly new but the leather is thick and molded to the gun with adjustable retention. The stitching is solid. It is rigid enough that reholstering is one handed. Perhaps it will loosen up over time. I took some pics for you but I am not seeing how to attach them to this thread (technologically challenged here).

How tight is the fit in the Mitch Rosen holster? And how well do they reholster? I take a lot of tactical classes for fun and just watched a guys holster get way too soft and he was having a lot of trouble reholstering without using both hands. It was a galco cop 3 slot that I was just giving praise to... Made me rethink my choice.

Also, I keep coming back to tauga. I beat the crap out of my gear getting in and out of the guard truck so I end up feeling bad when I buy a nice holster.

I occasionally wear a K9 when in "soft uniform" and I still need to be visibly armed and the holster must have a security feature. I have tried Bianchi Model 7 shadow II, DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard, and Mitch Rosen's 5JR-TB.

The Mitch Rosen holster is far superior in my opinion. The leather is substantial but not overly bulky. The thumb snap is positive and the pistol is easy to re-holster. On a side note, be sure to get some of Mitch's Express Line magazine carriers. I have the single snap-on and both single and double belt loop models and they are simply outstanding in my opinion.

I will admit though, that I find the DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard is the most comfortable for me to wear for long periods of time.

-Tim