Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Model 60 Pro Series 357 Magnum

Mine is nice to shoot.

On a whim, ( I knew I could keep it if she didn't like it) I gave one to my daughter for Christmas. Her second time ever shooting any gun. Not bad at 28'.

"Never pet a burning dog"

How's the trigger on that??????? I know that some of the Smith's need some work....................

The Pro Series is a premium gun that should have been assembled in the main plant and the final inspection and fitting in the Performance Center. That said, I bought my Mod. 60 Pro new, did some minor polishing of the rebound slide and frame, installed a Wolff 8# mainspring and 15# rebound slide spring, re-lubed, and tested with a couple hundred reloads using CCI primed handloads. The gun is totally reliable and trigger is now as smooth as the inside of a school teachers thigh.

Literally all of my recent S&W PC & Pro Series revolver purchases needed this same treatment. Call me fussy, but when moving the trigger in a $800 and up gun, I won't stand for a gritty feel or shavings under the sideplate. Nor will I dry fire it a couple of thousand times to get it reasonable close to acceptable.

I anxiously await the new Kimber K6s and hope they have their act together.
    Last edited by 340pd; 04-20-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

It is kind of crazy.............the amount of $$$$$$$ you pay for firearms these days, and you still have to work them. It WOULD be nice to hear that Kimber has a trigger right out of the box, only $899 retail

The single action trigger is good. Double action not so much. I watch my ammo choices because it only weighs 23.2 oz. Some folks have complained about the adjustable sights but I like them.

It is my first revolver since I lost a 4" Colt Python in a messy divorce a lifetime ago. The S&W Model 60 Pro is different from the Python but once I got used to it, all is good. Since it hold 5 rounds, I have Bianchi Speed Strips for spare ammo.

I do like 357 Magnums simply because they are quite versatile weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    The single action trigger is good. Double action not so much. I watch my ammo choices because it only weighs 23.2 oz. Some folks have complained about the adjustable sights but I like them.

It is my first revolver since I lost a 4" Colt Python in a messy divorce a lifetime ago. The S&W Model 60 Pro is different from the Python but once I got used to it, all is good. Since it hold 5 rounds, I have Bianchi Speed Strips for spare ammo.

I do like 357 Magnums simply because they are quite versatile weapons.
    My wife agrees........................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    It is kind of crazy.............the amount of $$$$$$$ you pay for firearms these days, and you still have to work them. It WOULD be nice to hear that Kimber has a trigger right out of the box, only $899 retail
    Agreed but it ain't gonna happen. Prices are rising.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

If you look hard, there are deals out there. I found one.

How do you manage to have so many unfired guns? When I get a new one I can't wait to get to the range. You have a strong will, sir..