Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: compact bench vise

Thumbs up compact bench vise

I stole this idea off the intertube. It's an inexpensive drill press vise I found at Harbor Freight. I just mounted it to a scrap board that I can bolt to my bench: sturdy, level, and portable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by b4uqzme; 04-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    ​O|||||||O

I'll have to keep this one in mind. Just starting to plan for a workbench at my other property. Nothing large scale or fancy. This idea may just be the ticket, and I like Harbor Freight. I've got one close by........

I'm a gonna savor this here idear myself and pick up one of them. I actually have a small bench top drill press that I could occasionally use it for but this would be right handy mounted like you got it too.

I'd like to mount one to my desk at work too. Great for holding stuff and pounding on stuff now and then too.

They won't give me a dedicated safe armorers spot so I wrench at my desk. The girls love it when I start racking slides, especially shot guns only one cubicle over.
    They did whine and win on chemicals. When I break out the Hoppes and stuff they make me go to the training room and open the window. Pain in the kester to lug all my stuff back there but whales have no clue when it comes to getting stuff done.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They just don't appreciate good cologne.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper