Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: The media screwed up... or the typical MSM Spin.

Default The media screwed up... or the typical MSM Spin.

NYC Fire District Releases Statement About Donald Trump… Media Stunned

When Donald Trump spoke earlier this week in Buffalo, media critics lambasted him for allegedly confusing “9/11” with “7/11.” However, a theory emerged as to why Trump didn’t misspeak, one that the media refuses to acknowledge.
    The controversy all began Monday, as Trump was speaking before a crowd in Buffalo on the day before the New York primary. During the speech, he touted his 9/11 activism.
    “I wrote this out, and it’s very close to my heart,” Trump said to the audience.

RELATED STORIES

“Because I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action.”

The media, predictably, pounced on Trump’s remarks.

“Donald Trump, who has made his advocacy for New York City after the 9/11 attacks central to his candidacy, accidentally referred to it on Monday as 7/11 — the ubiquitous convenience store,” CNN wrote with scarcely contained glee.
    However, a new theory quickly emerged — the fact that he was actually talking about the Greenville Fire Department, a department in the New York town of Scarsdale that was one of the first to respond to the 9/11 attacks.
    The station is known as 711 because of its address, 711 Central Park Ave. And as one Facebook user close to the situation pointed out, the firefighters there were quoted as “thanking Trump for his generous donations of time, services and goods, both for the firefighters and for the victims.”

And keep in mind, the way Donald phrased things made it sound a lot more like he was talking about a location, not a date. His words were “our firemen down at 7/11,” not “our firemen on 7/11.”

http://conservativetribune.com/nyc-f...atement-trump/
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

^^^ trouble is, the uninformed voters will never notice the correction. I'm not a Trump fan. But I'm more not a fan of "spin". The truth is the truth. Not something to be manipulated for your own advantage.
    ​O|||||||O

Amen!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Thats the MSM for you, they dont care if its true or not if it puts their enemy in a bad light they send home the fact checkers for the day and deny deny deny, spin spin spin if they get called out....
    Im sure megan kelley jumped all over this then did her infamous nostril flaring spin moves when she heard she might have misspoke.
    Getting beyond tired of not only the MSM but the entire political system in this country, just full of absent minded one sided morons!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If it had been a slip of the tongue it still wouldn't be a big deal to me and I can't stand Donald Trump.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

QUOTE=muggsy;367970]If it had been a slip of the tongue it still wouldn't be a big deal to me and I can't stand Donald Trump.[/QUOTE]

But it sure as Hell-o looks like you'll be voting for him.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

He misspoke, that's all, no big deal...Heck as much as that man talks I'm surprised that he doesn't have to go in for a jaw alignment and tongue rotation every 40,000 words or so

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    QUOTE=muggsy;367970]If it had been a slip of the tongue it still wouldn't be a big deal to me and I can't stand Donald Trump.
    But it sure as Hell-o looks like you'll be voting for him.....
    [/QUOTE]

I will not vote for anyone who I feel will be detrimental to the country. I will not vote for Donald Trump.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380