View Poll Results: PM9 or Glock 43

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • PM9

15 78.95%
  • Glock

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE KAHR GONE Help me decide... PM9 like new for $350 or new Glock 43 for $380

Default UPDATE KAHR GONE Help me decide... PM9 like new for $350 or new Glock 43 for $380

Hi, new to the forum. Local gun shop has a like new PM9. Only one mag has been fired through it. Comes with 1 mag no accessories. Guy willing to make me a deal at $350. Its marked for $389.00. My other option is a blue label Glock 43 for $380.00. I carry a Glock on duty but need something I can always have on me, don't like to wear oversized clothes. So, opinions are welcomed! Thanks guys.
    Last edited by GoGomez; 04-25-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Both seem like a heck of a deal. If you carry a Glock and like Glocks, I'd probably stick with the Glock. The Kahr and Glock triggers are a world apart, but the PM9 is smaller and lighter.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

$350.00 for a PM model?, I'd go for it! Does it come with the case?

Welcome to the board! You do know that asking that question here is going to be biased. You will get more votes for "buy the kahr" here, and probably more "buy the glock" on a glock site. I own both, and carry the Kahr more often, just because it is smaller and lighter. Good luck with your decision!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

No Gluck's here................................it's PM9, or ANYTHING else.............................................. .......................

At those prices I'd buy both and then decide. That's a helluva price on the PM.

When I was trying to pick out my new pocket carry pistol a few months back I rented both the Glock 43 and PM9 (as well as many others) and I loved the PM9 and the glock felt weird to my hands AND jammed on me on the first mag I shot. And this is coming from a guy who loves his Glock 19!

Lol I know there will be bias, but maybe some guys can help me that aren't brand miopic. Both are great guns, just want best for situation. The PM9 does not come with a case, just the gun and one mag. I'm very tempted on value alone. Just want some of the advice from y'all who have valuable knowledge to guide my decision.

I once owned a CM9 and I've shot several boxes through a G43 range rental. I didn't care for the G43 as it beat up the middle finger of my grip hand, but it functioned fine. The CM9 was easier on my hands and functioned just as well. That said, I'd recommend you stick with the same manual of arms as your service weapon and go with the G43.
    Of course, at the price mentioned, you could go with the PM9 then if you don't like it sell it for little or no loss.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I have compared both, size wise, the PM is smaller and easier to pocket carry. I carry my PM9 as a BUG and wanted something for a front pocket. However, I think Greg has a point about sticking with the same operation as your service pistol. If you're accustomed to the Glock Trigger, might want to stick with a Glock trigger.
    NRA Benefactor

I would normally say if you want a 9mm for pocket carry BUY the kahr cm9 But if you carry a glock on duty then buy the glock 43 . The grip angle is the same and the trigger type is something your use to now . What should be your natural point will be the same . Buy a foxx little hybrid for carry as its fine for front side 2:00 carry with the pistol canted to the rear for easy tucked in shirt if that's your style .