View Poll Results: PM9 or Glock 43

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • PM9

15 78.95%
  • Glock

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE KAHR GONE Help me decide... PM9 like new for $350 or new Glock 43 for $380

What's a Glock?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Both seem like great deals. Can you shoot them before you decide? If you like shooting the Kahr a lot, that might outweigh the advantage of having the same operation as your duty gun.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

This is a tough question. I like Glocks and I like Kahrs. I shoot a glock 17 in competiition, and carry a Glock 26 every day. I have tried to use my Kahr P9 (Covert) in competititon; but found that I would occassionally short stroke the trigger when trying to shoot fast, being used to the short reset on the Glock trigger. I have tried a G43 and was not impressed even though I am a Glock fan.

Bottom line is if you like the Kahr trigger and can deal with the long reset and not short stroke it, then I would get the Kahr hands down. See if you can try out a Kahr first. The trigger is going to be revolver like in reset.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    What's a Glock?
    It's a thing that hangs on the wall so you can see what time it is....DUH!!!!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

My opinion. If you are going to pocket carry,Kahr is the superior choice. If not, I would base the choice, on if you can transition between the Kahr and Glock trigger? Also consider that the Kahr uses "a dot the i "sight.
    I much prefer the Kahr trigger and sights once I became accustomed to them.
    IMHO since you are familiar with Glock, and if not going to pocket carry, I would stick to the system you are used to.

Pocket carry i would pick Kahr, IWB or belt, maybe glock or a bigger kahr.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks for all of your advice. I just switched back to Glock for my duty gun. I had gone to an FNX Tactical with Red dot for a couple of years, so I'm getting acclimated to a Glock again. I used to own a Kahr CW9 and I really liked it. Gave it to my ex when we split up so she would have something for protection. I shot well with it. I am leaning Kahr because of size and weight. Want something shootable but light and concealable. Not willing to go 380. I owned a DB9 for a little while and did not enjoy shooting that thing.

At those prices neither gun will still be there by 5/23. Those are grab and run prices. (Glock Leg scares me off the Glocks.)

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Glock leg. Just looked it up...couldn't that happen with a Kahr? Course Kahr leg doesn't sound as good.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    OK, I'll bite...what is Glock Leg?
    Glock leg is the result of improperly holstering or drawing a Glock and shooting yourself in the leg. The problem isn't exclusive to Glock, but seems to be more prominent among Glock owners.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380