Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I do okay????

Default Did I do okay????

Well fellow KT members... On my 10 year journey of collecting/buying firearms, I FINALLY found one. A Detonics Combat Master in 45 acp. I have been looking for one locally with no luck. Went to my hometown toy store and saw one in used cased that looked unfired and came with one extra stock magazine. Paid 800 even for the pistol and an extra mag.

Not familiar on prices but it was well worth it to me and i guess that all that matters. Just wondering what you guys thought on the combat master itself and the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

Now that's nice!!!....I suppose 8 bills is about right for a nice rare pistol like that....I've always wanted one of those ever since I saw Sonny Crockett's backup Detonics in an ankle rig on Miami Vice....Way cool

I agree. I never seen a blued one before. Everyone I've seen was stainless.

They used to be local up here. One of their smiths was working at a shop not far off.

I think you done good myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice! Is it marked Seattle or Bellevue, WA.?
    This might be of interest: http://biggerhammer.net/detonics/
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice! Is it marked Seattle or Bellevue, WA.?
    This might be of interest: http://biggerhammer.net/detonics/
    Regards,
    Greg
    It is marked Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by scotty_MK9 View Post
    It is marked Seattle
    From what I've read, that would be one of the earlier ones
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I agree. I never seen a blued one before. Everyone I've seen was stainless.

They used to be local up here. One of their smiths was working at a shop not far off.

I think you done good myself.
    i actually would have preferred one in stainless, but any one will do. This one was very cleanand tight. Do you own a stainless version by any chance?

I sure don't. I sure would like to. I see them from time to time but never been able to bring one home.

I can't say for certain but I believe Greg is correct, they moved to the Eastside, Bellevue after Seattle.

They were sort of out of the box thinkers and the smith I spoke to on a few occasions was pretty sharp. He was a young fella and very full of himself but he knew the 1911.

Funny thing, first time I met him was at a tool warehouse where I worked. At the time I carried an officer model Colt. Somehow we met at that counter sales area inside the warehouse and got to chatting and my Colt ended up in his hands for inspection.
    He took it completely apart at the counter, further than I'd ever seen a 1911 taken apart at that time. I told him at the time I sure hope you can put that back together or we're gonna have a problem.
    He was going on about working for Detonics and being a smith designer on and on and on.
    At that time he was working as a smith out of a gun shop in Woodinville which is also the east side and not far from me, half hour or so.

Well about 3 weeks later me and a buddy went out to a gravel pit to do some shooting and gosh durned if that Colt wouldn't shoot. Got one of the pieces in not quite right and the firing pin couldn't get struck.
    We packed up and went straight to that shop, none too happy beings as I carried a paperweight around for 3 weeks. I was young and dumb and really should have function checked, pencil down the barrel like I do now.

I thought he was gonna feint. He was truly upset and apologized. He of course fixed it in minutes on the spot. Basically offered anything in the store, any kind of work, a trigger job, whatever. I was just happy to get it back running again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

For what they are asking for the few on Gunbroker, looks like you got a deal............................

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I sure don't. I sure would like to. I see them from time to time but never been able to bring one home.

I can't say for certain but I believe Greg is correct, they moved to the Eastside, Bellevue after Seattle.

They were sort of out of the box thinkers and the smith I spoke to on a few occasions was pretty sharp. He was a young fella and very full of himself but he knew the 1911.

Funny thing, first time I met him was at a tool warehouse where I worked. At the time I carried an officer model Colt. Somehow we met at that counter sales area inside the warehouse and got to chatting and my Colt ended up in his hands for inspection.
    He took it completely apart at the counter, further than I'd ever seen a 1911 taken apart at that time. I told him at the time I sure hope you can put that back together or we're gonna have a problem.
    He was going on about working for Detonics and being a smith designer on and on and on.
    At that time he was working as a smith out of a gun shop in Woodinville which is also the east side and not far from me, half hour or so.

Well about 3 weeks later me and a buddy went out to a gravel pit to do some shooting and gosh durned if that Colt wouldn't shoot. Got one of the pieces in not quite right and the firing pin couldn't get struck.
    We packed up and went straight to that shop, none too happy beings as I carried a paperweight around for 3 weeks. I was young and dumb and really should have function checked, pencil down the barrel like I do now.

I thought he was gonna feint. He was truly upset and apologized. He of course fixed it in minutes on the spot. Basically offered anything in the store, any kind of work, a trigger job, whatever. I was just happy to get it back running again.
    Hey Bawanna one of these days we will have to meet up sinse im pretty sure we live close to each other. I am always lookin to trade for stuff and I have about 40 pistols (not 1 is plastic) so maybe we could do a gun "show and tell"sometime lol.