Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this K40 Barrel Wear and Peening Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by schrobbie View Post
    Nice video! Looks like the CW40 certainly handles as nicely as you say. Thanks for the info. I'd definitely like to try one out one of these days.

How do you carry your K9? And do you have a favorite holster for it?
    Outside the waist DeSantis Speed scabbard. I carry "loosely" open.. In other words, OWB carry but I just throw a short sleeve button up shirt left open, over my tee shirt. Kinda how i was dressed in that IDPA video..

Quote Originally Posted by RonW View Post
    Outside the waist DeSantis Speed scabbard. I carry "loosely" open.. In other words, OWB carry but I just throw a short sleeve button up shirt left open, over my tee shirt. Kinda how i was dressed in that IDPA video..
    Nice, thanks for the picture. Beautiful holster!

UPDATE!

After sending them an email with pictures of the problem on the 25th of April 2016, it was less than 24 hours before receiving a response from the service department directing me to start an RMA on their website. I did so, and within less than an hour or two they had emailed me a prepaid FedEx overnight shipping label to get the firearm back to MA. Sent in the K40 on the 27th of April 2016.

Just got my gun back today, Friday 20 May 2016, well within their estimated 4 week turnaround window.

According to the "technical service work sheet" included with my gun, Kahr replaced the barrel with a brand new one and "reworked" the slide (it appears that they ground, polished, and bead blasted the high spots that were rubbing on the barrel, because they are now non-existent.)

I will put at least 100-200 rounds through it on Sunday to see if this fixed the issue.

Very happy with my Kahr Technical Service experience at this point. I didn't pay a dime and the gun was only gone for about three weeks. That's about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the followup! Good fortune to you on Sunday.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks for the followup! Good fortune to you on Sunday.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks Greg!