Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official: Cruz/Fiorina

It's Cruz's last gasp at trying to swing the "contested convention" voters his way. One thing I don't understand is Kasich - he won Ohio where he's Governor right? THAT's IT! Rubio has been out of the running for several state elections and STILL has more than Kasich. He's staying in only to try to keep Trump from getting to the magic number and hoping for some kind of bizarre outcome at the convention - OR a nice cabinet position for staying in to block Trump?

Not a game changer, but a good move. Highlights Trumps problem with women, and If they do get the nom she'll help neutralize Clinton. I thought the timing was good too: interrupted Trump's flow of tweets etc that he's inevitable, which was gaining momentum after last night.

It's all down to Indiana now.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Not a game changer, but a good move. Highlights Trumps problem with women, and If they do get the nom she'll help neutralize Clinton. I thought the timing was good too: interrupted Trump's flow of tweets etc that he's inevitable, which was gaining momentum after last night.

It's all down to Indiana now.
    I agree....good move
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    It's a drowning victim grasping at their rescuer to keep their own head above water.
    Cue the Fat Lady Singing...
    Yeah.....its true
    I am the Living Man

Well, I for one am disappointed. Fiorina Has always been my favorite pick for VP, and now that's not gonna happen. Cruz is obviously not going to win the nomination, so she won't be on the ticket. Too bad - although I'm not a Trump fan, she would have been a valuable asset to his beating Hilary.

"Trump's problem with women." I see that as an MSM Big Lie. From what I've seen, read, and heard, the only women he has a problem with are liberal women. That's why the media says he has a problem, they think all women are liberal.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

In my mind this equals McCain (loser candidate) picking Palin (just a loser). A total disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    What made me chuckle was the constant chant that we need to elect a man of integrity and high moral standards.
    This is obviously a ruse to sway some of them woman voters and fandangle his way into the presidency.

I'm not opposed to him getting in, I think we'll be ok but I sure would like to see him pick somebody worthy of the VP slot.

I think the VP should have integrity and high moral standards too.

If I was Trump I'd pick Ben Carson for VP.
    Ben Carson lost all integrity when he endorsed Donald Trump, a man of no integrity.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Trumps campaign manager stated that Trump was going to start to act more presidential. His entire campaign has been an act. How many of you are pleased to find out that you didn't vote for the real Donald Trump. You had a chance to vote for someone who has been a rock solid conservative from the start. A man who defended your right to keep and bear arms before the Supreme Court and won. You threw that all away on someone who is just now going to start to "act" presidential. A multi-billionaire "outsider". Donald Trump is the system personified. You don't become a multi-billion dollar billionaire without gaming the system. You voted for an individual who was a 40 year NYC liberal democrat with NYC liberal values, because he said what you wanted to hear. If he becomes our president you will have to live with your decision. Donald is a deal maker and a compromiser. How many of your core values will Donald Trump be willing to compromise away to make a deal with the democrats? Donald is going to stick it to the man and your the man that he'll stick it to. He has a long history of sticking it to people.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    "Trump's problem with women." I see that as an MSM Big Lie. From what I've seen, read, and heard, the only women he has a problem with are liberal women. That's why the media says he has a problem, they think all women are liberal.
    I consider Carly F very far from being a liberal.
    You can argue whether its due to his own persona or to slanted media, but there's no question Trump is viewed unfavorably by most women. Consensus of polling is about 70% unfavorable. Almost half of REPUBLICAN women say they could never see voting for Trump. Might not be fair, might change before November, etc etc, but that's where it is now. I honestly don't know where Megyn Kelly stands on the left/right spectrum, but I still think Trump screwed up by retaliating against her in the way he did, and its still haunting him.

Its late, but there's still time. Brent Bozell's open letter to conservatives who endorsed Trump on why they should take it back is worth a read. It was published today on Breitbart, which at least until now has supported Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-donald-trump/
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899