Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfonse link up.

Glad you guys could link up. Haven't posted this in a while. I have the 8x10 glossy photo in my computer nook. All he's missing is the white cane. He said they had a chance for one, but decided the blind kid needed it more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    He'd be easy to spot!
    LOL. I wouldn't be caught dead in that. You can tell the current driver isn't very happy either.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Glad you guys could link up. Haven't posted this in a while. I have the 8x10 glossy photo in my computer nook. All he's missing is the white cane. He said they had a chance for one, but decided the blind kid needed it more.
    That was a great day Wynn. We had a lot of fun with the kid with the white cane and made sure he got VIP treatment at the SWAT booth.
    I guess the fact that I was in a chair helped as nobody thought we were mocking or putting the kid down or anything which never entered my mind.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Another highlight was just before meeting Bawanna I stopped to pickup some oil line for an automotive project I'm working on. There's not a shop for 100 miles from where I live that has much in the line of hot-rod stuff. But, in Bawanna's neighborhood there is a place called Jim Green's Performance Center. It not only had a great stock of what I need and all kinds of performance parts, but it is like a museum inside with drag racers, midget racers, hot rods, and high performance motors all over the place. They even have a cafe area and events can be held at the place. My mind was busy taking it all in, so I didn't take any photos. They don't have any on their web page either, but it is a great find and worth a stop if you are ever in Monroe, WA and like that sort of thing. http://www.jimgreens.com/
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Do they still have the car shows in Snohomish? When I lived in that neck of the woods in the 90's I believe it was a monthly gig right down the middle of main street. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of folks bring their rides out on Sundays (I think). Used to love going up there and talking to the owners.

They still have the car shows. I think they are down to one or two shows a summer. They ran into some issues and moved the car shows to Sultan for a bit but worked things out. I think they are back to Snohomish again now.

Usually a good car show out in Falls City in the summer too. I like looking too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Hope the brass don't see that now that I ponder. My little PM45 seems to be poking out of my left leg there a tad.
    Course they probably wouldn't recognize it, maybe figure it's a colostomy bag or some other derelict implement and that's ok.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Great way to spend a Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I've yet to meet anyone I've "met" over the innernet. I've tried a few times, giving a description of what I look like, what I'll be wearing, and the time and place. Seems I just get stood up???

Wait, maybe that's trying to date over the innernet...I think.

Who knows??

Glad you two had a nice play date, though!
    Some of the first message boards I posted on were Las Vegas related. We started having group meets in Sin City in 2000. Some of the meets were quite large get togethers, upwards of 80 or so people from all over the US, Hawaii, Canada, and England. One was even catered by Vegas.com with a nice fingerfood buffet & open bar at the Aladdin. Another time we booked the second floor at the Monte Carlo brewpub.

Good times - group slot pulls on the $5 slot machines, taking over two or more craps tables, bar-crawls etc. Even had mini-meets in different parts of the country, and some of the folks became very good personal friends. ne English couple has stayed in our home, and we have a return visit scheduled for their country place in France next year. Another lady, and English widow has stayed with us twice & will again, and we will visit her next year too.

Lots of laughs, but also a lot of sadness as some friends have passed away and others just moved on. Recent meets will have about a dozen attendees or a handful more.

One of the Vegas friends put me on to the 1st gun forum I joined - the 1911 Forum.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Good to see forum members getting together, thanks for sharing folks
    Working on my Bawanna disguise :
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

PS- meant to take a seflie with him to post as evidence, you know pictures or it didn't happen. But I plumb forgot and not sure I know how anyway. Never done it before. Can't be that tough right?
    Glad you guys were able to connect. Too bad about the non-selfie! Anyway, I heard that you need to have 25,000 posts on the forum before you're allowed to post selfies!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm