Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forum ownership

All my German cars sank in a lake in a tragic ferry boat accident
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I just peeked at it, that other Kahr place is about 1/3 the size of the real Kahr forum. I wonder why they would choose that one?
    Maybe because it was for sale?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Maybe because it was for sale?
    For sale, cheap; you mean. And they thought they could pump it up to have more cash flow than KT would.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

It's a pretty good board with a lot of good people, and I'm pretty sure most of them are members here also. Lot of work in running a place like this. I've tried hosting a talk group and gave it up, didn't have the time to put into operating the board.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

They also bought Ruger Pistol Forum aka Elsie P. Don't know enough to guess the whys of it all.

My HOPE is these boards are worth running for the owners by some measure. I don't really know who owns this forum, but I always assumed Kahr Arms was involved and supported it in some way while keep pretty hands off, and that the exposure to their products made it worthwhile. I could be wrong.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

[QUOTE=JohnR;369197]For sale, cheap; you mean. And they thought they could pump it up to have more cash flow than KT would.[/QUOote]

Pretty sure that most of the forums were not "for sale" but got an offer they couldn't refuse, which worries me about Kahr Talk.

If Bill Ruger was alive, the first thing he'd do is sue the pants of anybody using HIS logo (on their forum) for profit. I do imagine, that most companies would "let slide" the use of intellectual property for non-commercial purposes - ie., social gathering on the web. As soon as its a money machine... all bets off.

According to their websites both the Elsie Pea forum and the Kahr Forum (the other one) belong to Forum Foundry, Inc. Vertical Scope probably acquired all Forum Foundry gun forums in one transaction, and didn't update those pages yet. So that would explain why they acquired the other Kahr forum and not this one.
    Rest in peace Muggsy