Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum ownership

A couple Colts, a couple Brownings, a Makarov, a Sig, a couple Rugers, a couple Kahrs, a couple Smith & Wessons, a Walther, and a couple Berettas .....Oh, and some long guns...

I have pulled my information, and deactivated my enrollment in the places I know VerticalScope to own.

I hope it never happens here. I don't mind related ads. Key is related.

Soon, there's unrelated ads. Then, totally off the wall ads. Then, the cookie information from Amazon and eBay starts to give them data to bombard you with even more ads. So, maybe you looked for a ball bearing, for your truck's serpentine idler on Amazon (they got 'em!) and you now get hammered with that on your firearms website. And the lamps, because you're ol' lady was looking at 'em. And flea collars. And bug spray for your banana tree. And a toys for you're nephew, who's birthday was two month's ago - but they don't know that, yet.

I run AdFree by BigTinCan (google it, its banned from the PlayStore) on Android, and it works just fine.
    On Windows, whatever the plug in for Mozilla is.
    Both do fine.

I'm worried about our freedom of speech. If they are Canadian, and they are liberal, then I expect a lot of what we talk about on these forums will be banned. Waiting for the shoe to drop on NGF, a bunch of us old crotchety old white guys there that speak our minds.

I don't see it happening here. Our honorable admin isn't much into pop ups or advertising and isn't doing the forum to get rich.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Looks like they got our sister forum.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I didn't know there was another Kahr forum!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

As for mass ownership, 6 corporations own 90% of the news media. http://www.businessinsider.com/these...america-2012-6

Nothing good has come of that.

I just went to their S&W forum, logged on. Nine ads on every page, one at the top and eight down the left side. One Join NRA ad, a bunch of clickbait for random garbage.

It is such a shame that things change the way they do. This has been the best forum on the internet. Not just for guns as there are some great folks here. You don't find these things anywhere else. But things do change. I have enjoyed quite a few TV shows until they destroy them going libtard until they are impossible to watch. Let's hope it doesn't happen here. But a lesson I learned long ago - enjoy what you have while you still have it. Hope it doesn't happen here.
    RIP Muggsy.

Not going to happen. I am not receptive to advertising driven buyouts. I have seen that destroy other forums I was involved in. If they bought the other Kahr forum best of luck with that. It definitely won't hurt us.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com