Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun free zones

I don't give it much thought these days. If we didn't do business with any place that had anti gun leanings, we'd all starve, and do without a lot of stuff.

I try to avoid them of course but who has time to do back grounds on every business.

I even have a couple of gun shops I refuse to visit due to their attitudes, almost as bad as the anti gunners far as I'm concerned. Sure a turn off to new shooters and old as well obviously.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    You cannot conceal in post offices or govt buildings around here = metal detectors. They also have metal detectors at large sporting and concert venues. So Toby Keith is gonna hafta pay his bills without my ticket money.
    Just out of curiosity, does your local post office have someone there manning the door where the metal detector is? I mean a pocket knife, keys, flashlight, etc will set off a detector. Unless someone is there to see what is setting it off, how is a concealed carry any different from anything else?

I know fed law says we can't carry on USPS, but I've never seen a metal detector in one of them. Now we do have metal detectors and a guard at our county courthouse, but not where I go to pay my property taxes.

I don't do back round checks on business's, but if they have a door sign, I'm out of there. Our local post offices have a sign up above the desk that says no firearms. I have ignored it many a time. One of our local large malls have a sign at the main entrance on the door, but there are many other doors around the building that do not. What sign? Many of the places in my area that used to have signs, now do not. I do think it was the pocket book hit. I don't do business with other groups with which I don't agree with their politics. Progressive Ins., AARP, United Healthcare, anything even remotely to do with Hollywood or Commiefornia, and these are just a few examples. Maybe it doesn't do squat, but if it makes you feel better............................................ ................................

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does your local post office have someone there manning the door where the metal detector is? I mean a pocket knife, keys, flashlight, etc will set off a detector. Unless someone is there to see what is setting it off, how is a concealed carry any different from anything else?

I know fed law says we can't carry on USPS, but I've never seen a metal detector in one of them. Now we do have metal detectors and a guard at our county courthouse, but not where I go to pay my property taxes.
    For all I know the Post Office metal detectors are placebos. I never tried it. The major venues make you empty your pockets, they check girls’ purses, etc. I figure those are real...

FYI. Carrying past a posted sign is a misdemeanor IV in Ohio. Whatever that means.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Agree 100%....I have shopped for groceries at my my local Kroger for years and one of the reasons was that they always had a real nice selection of shooting and firearm related magazines which I enjoyed looking over and picking up copies of my favorite American Handgunner.....Last week I noticed there were no gun related magazines at all so I asked the store manager what was up and he said due to the recent Florida school shooting the area manager decided it wasn't in the companies best interest to sell gun related reading material....Well I normally spend $200.00 a week at Kroger but no more, from now on I'm going all P.C. And taking my money and business over to Publix on the Corner....
    now magazines(the reading kind) are offensive...jeesh
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    For all I know the Post Office metal detectors are placebos. I never tried it. The major venues make you empty your pockets, they check girls’ purses, etc. I figure those are real...

FYI. Carrying past a posted sign is a misdemeanor IV in Ohio. Whatever that means.
    They may well be. I can't see a working machine not alarming on keys and whatnot that people carry. And if there is no one that manning it it's probably not in actual operation. I cannot recall an incident in a post office that involved a gun which was used by anyone other than a postal worker. Perhaps they should put it by the employee's entrance? And turned on.

It reminded me of the times when I would go in to a Kohl's Dept. store to shop, and the front door alarm always went off, coming in and out. I just could not figure out what was causing the alarms, and the stares and the turning around and saying that I didn't steal anything started to get old. Finally figured it out. I had been carrying a Bodyguard, and on the side was a bar code sticker that I hadn't taken off, because I was going to sell the firearm anyway. Damn bar code set off their alarms very time. No one else's..............................

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post

The ones in my post office are fake or not plugged up. Don’t ask me how I know, but I inadvertently do know. I try to make sure not to test it but sometimes it is tested.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    It reminded me of the times when I would go in to a Kohl's Dept. store to shop, and the front door alarm always went off, coming in and out. I just could not figure out what was causing the alarms, and the stares and the turning around and saying that I didn't steal anything started to get old. Finally figured it out. I had been carrying a Bodyguard, and on the side was a bar code sticker that I hadn't taken off, because I was going to sell the firearm anyway. Damn bar code set off their alarms very time. No one else's..............................
    Ive had that same thing happen. Turned out in a pair of slacks I bought there was an “inventory control device” that was sewn into the waist that wasn’t deactivated when I bought them. I found it by accident one day and cut it out. That thing would set off the alarm in drug stores, dept. stores, every place that had a detector.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    The ones in my post office are fake or not plugged up. Don’t ask me how I know, but I inadvertently do know. I try to make sure not to test it but sometimes it is tested.

Better to be tried by twelve....