Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM9 Magazines Sticking

I started with a vise but wanted to put pressure on specific spots and the channel locks worked great. I don't care much for the idea of sanding because once its gone its gone for good. In TimtheRef's case none would fit and it seemed justified.

I was only suggesting dragging some emory cloth through the mag well a time or 2. I would much rather not bend my magazine. That could adversely affect the follower's path of travel.

I had the same problem; tried all the suggested fixes with some success;took the slide off to see what happens during releases and found that if you release the release button a sea-hair too soon the shoulder on the mag catch acts like a clamp and grips the mag enough to hang up. release spring mighty strong!

my fix is having my local GS add .060 to height of button and reduce the catch by .010.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    my fix is having my local GS add .060 to height of button and reduce the catch by .010.
    Have you gotten it back, yet? Did that work for you? I had one free dropping mag and one sticking mag. Measured them with some calipers and found the sticking mag to be slightly wider at the top. Squeezed the lips on the sticking one with channel locks ever so slightly, and the sticking magazine dropped like a rock from that time forward.

Salty

Mine fortunately have all dropped without issue but I have helped a few others here using the squeeze method mentioned.
    It usually doesn't take much to get them dropping.

I also polish and wax my magazines. They come with kind of a coating that isn't slick and almost sticky.
    A good cleaning of the magazines right away helps a bunch.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

yes, this worked! have had no issues with any reluctant mags; no issues with added height to release button while in pocket,IWB,OWB, two hand, strong hand, weak hand shooting.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER