Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Signature required for a barrel?

Default Signature required for a barrel?

Ugh...ordered a P380 barrel from Kahr the other day. I get the notification that its on the way, FedEX, ID and signature required? Any reason for this that you all know of? Frustrating because of the inconvenience to get it now.
    Also, FYI...they've been out of recoil springs since the end of April and currently do not expect any unti 6/23.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I think you can request the FedEx delivery to go to one of their locations or stores. That way you can pick up at your leisure. It's just to make sure that you actually recieve the barrel. I'm sure they had a guy say he never got it and made a big deal and was refunded all the while Kahr knew he basically stole it. Justin Moon probably said, enough of that BS and instituted a policy.

Ditto the above. Depends on how much the shipper wants to spend on security. I just received a package from a shooter supply store that I paid over $200 for. UPS just put it down outside my front door, rang the bell and left. Maybe I should contact my shipper and ask "Where's my package?"

BTW, I tried to buy one recoil spring from Kahr to keep as a spare. The shipping cost was more than the cost of the recoil spring. Go figure!
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    Ditto the above. Depends on how much the shipper wants to spend on security. I just received a package from a shooter supply store that I paid over $200 for. UPS just put it down outside my front door, rang the bell and left. Maybe I should contact my shipper and ask "Where's my package?"

BTW, I tried to buy one recoil spring from Kahr to keep as a spare. The shipping cost was more than the cost of the recoil spring. Go figure!
    I figured it might be due to those issues. Fortunately, FedEx can deliver it to a very local FedEx Office store for me to pick up. Regarding the recoil springs, I ordered some back at the end of april and they were backordered until 5/30. Since I decided to buy a new barrel, I cancelled those items and reordered them with the barrel. The strategy worked as I bought 2 sets of springs and the barrel for the same shipping charges! But the fact that the springs are now backordered to 6/23 has me a bit concerned. Are they that hard to obtain? Midway USA is also out. Maybe they've changed them (P380) to make them last longer and waiting for the new springs to arrive...
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

its not the barrel you're signing for..... its the valuable stuffing in the box!

It's not unusual for a shipper to ask for a signature on a item worth a certain dollar amount.. It doesnt have anything to do with the fact that it's a barrel to a pistol... I've ordered many things online over the years, most recently had to sign for recept of delivery for a Steeda machined alumimun shifter knob for my mustang... Maybe I had to sign for it because it can be used to buldgeon someone to death I don't know but all I do know is that barrel you ordered most likely cost more than my shiney new knob & that's why a signature is needed