Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Does original WWII wood furniture bolt right on?

Default Does original WWII wood furniture bolt right on?

I found a decent original set. Does it all just bolt on a new M1, with the exception of the foregrip that needs some fitting done?

You don't say which M1. M1 Garand rifle, yes. M1 Carbine.... if to spec, yes. Well we say "if to spec" as if that were either obvious, or observed. There have been several aftermarket makers of M1 Carbines, and these have varied quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    You don't say which M1. M1 Garand rifle, yes. M1 Carbine.... if to spec, yes. Well we say "if to spec" as if that were either obvious, or observed. There have been several aftermarket makers of M1 Carbines, and these have varied quite a bit.
    I'm referring to the WWII 1927M1 type, with the stick magazine and the horizontal foregrip

Cannot say. The modern Tommy replicas have subtle changes from originals.

Anybody else know?

Not for sure. I've heard of guys replacing their furniture with genuine WWII stuff. For that authentic look.

There's not a lot of fit involved and I have to assume it works.

But I got nothing solid to confirm it just heresay. If Ghostsoldier is about he'll know.

I have 3 sets of furniture for mine. I saved the original when I wanted to shorten the buttstock. So I got a Boyds along with a horizontal forend. Cut a full 2 inches off the stock and I could cut more, just too long for me.
    The forend is just a different screw. Long one for the pistol grip, short one for the horizontal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I found a decent original set. Does it all just bolt on a new M1, with the exception of the foregrip that needs some fitting done?
    I'm currently getting work done on my Thompson. All of the stock pieces will be swappable, EXCEPT the foregrip. The grip mount needs to be 1/2" so that you can swap out USGI foregrips, or you can modify the foregrip wood. I'm having my grip mount shaved down to the 1/2" so that I don't have to butcher good ole american history.