Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: New CW 9mm

Default New CW 9mm

I just got a Kahr CW9mm the other day and went shooting with it. I fired my reloads (5.3 Unique under 115gr RN) and not one hiccup. Group was decent considering I need to get used to the trigger. But I love this gun, the feel, the weight, etc. My one question is: Will it take time to work in so that the slide locks back after every last round fired? It locks back sometimes but not every time. Will this work it's way out over time? I know Kahrs need some break in time. Also, I have the 9mm....will the pistol handle +P loads? Was just reading on Starline Brass site that you should not load +P loads for S&W Shield because it's not fully supported. Any problems like that with Kahr? Thanks for any help!

The cw9 will handle +p fine. The slide lock may need a tweak. Others should chime in on that shortly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Does it lock back every time you rack the slide on an empty magazine? I haven't had a problem with my CW9 locking open after the last round, but I did have it not cycle back far enough to pick up the next round out of the magazine. Only happened once, with reman ammo, so I chalked it up to either light load or limp wristing.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Does it lock back every time you rack the slide on an empty magazine? I haven't had a problem with my CW9 locking open after the last round, but I did have it not cycle back far enough to pick up the next round out of the magazine. Only happened once, with reman ammo, so I chalked it up to either light load or limp wristing.
    Yes, when I rack the slide on an empty magazine works everytime. Maybe it's my reloads, but I never had an issue with my other pistols. I'll need to get some factory stuff and see what happens. For carry I would use factory ammo anyway.

Kahrs springs seem to be a lot stiffer than others. With that said I think the "break in" period requires a hot load. After a few hundred rounds through my CW9 it is now really forgiving to rack etc.
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

I agree. A good full power round really helps things along. With more rounds fired it should ease up in the spring department and then should work with your reloads just fine.

I don't load 9mm so I don't know where 5.4 Unique falls in the power scale.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats on your cw9! Love mine. I recommend the Hogue grip wrap, and eventually night sights. You can only get those from Kahr though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll shoot it a few hundred times then see what happens. I shot 2 magazines through it today, 8 WWB and 7 Reloads. Pic one was my first time shooting it with my reloads...next 2 are today. I posted a pic and it seems I am getting the hang of this pistol. Nothing to write home about but not bad since I am wearing tri-foculs now Anyone "feel" their trigger finger slide a little against the very smooth trigger? I seem to....my pad will be on it, then my joint. Any tips on preventing that?

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...8/IMG_1899.jpg

Your doing fine. Looks like your getting used to that trigger. Shooting low and a bit left for a right handed shooter is pretty common starting out.
    With the trigger travel on a Kahr the slide with the finger might be a good thing.

I've found I shoot a bit better (I ain't no Annie Oakley, I'd need an operation for that I reckon) if I don't try to stage the trigger. Just a nice continuous follow through.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Both kahr & M&P shield's are rated for +P and both have supported barrels... I wish people understood the difference between the two different type's of barrels. The info is easily obtainable online (forums are not a credible source of info BTW)

My CM9 didnt lock back after the last round up until I ran a couple boxes of ammo thru it... Clean & lube after each range session & you'll be fine. congrats on a purchase of a fine weapon.