Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: New member from the Great Southwest!!

Default New member from the Great Southwest!!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but not new to firearms. I am a new Kahr owner. I bought a CW9 from a friend of mine. I am really impressed! It is really compact and light. The closest thing that I have owned to compare it to is a Bersa BP9C ( one of the firearms I regret selling ), and the CW is even smaller and lighter. It has very little felt recoil for being as compact as it is. Mine came with the original box and owners manual as well as an extra 8rd mag.
    I also have a Desert Eagle 1911U on layaway. Looking forward to getting this one home and out to the range! I will give a range report when I do.
    Glad to be here and hope to learn a bit more about one of my new favorite firearms from some of you seasoned Kahr veterans.

Welcome. I agree the CW9 is impressive.
    After you get the D.E. 1911 it would be interesting for you to compare the two of them in your range report. Comparison of how the different sighting systems and trigger pull on each affect your accuracy. Difference in muzzle rise/recoil and follow up shots comparing Kahr's polymer and lower bore axis 9mm to the 1911 .45 cal.

Welcome to the forum
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I have a 1911G and a 1911C. If the 1911U is half as good as either of these two you'll have a winner.
    The G is one of the few guns I have that make me look good on even a bad day, and I have my share of bad days.

The C isn't very far behind and it's a joy to carry too.

Anxious to hear your thoughts on the U when you get to shoot it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome from New Mexico and to the forum

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I will definitely do a comparison between the two. I am glad to here that the G and the C models are great quality. I had no doubt really. It may be awhile before I can get the U out of layaway. Unless I sell something else to help finance it. Problem is I really like everything I have right now. I'll figure out ha ha, I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by nmkahrshooter View Post
    Welcome from New Mexico and to the forum
    Where in New Mexico? I am in albuquerque.

Welcome to the forum. I have some great friends who wandered off to New Mexico and aren't coming back. Enjoy the forum and your locale.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

welcome from Wyoming.