Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Default Walmart

Just saw on the news that due to the recent shooting in their El Paso store they will no longer sell hand gun and assault rifle ammo when the current shelf stock runs out and they are asking that customers no longer carry weapons in the store..... Good enough reason for me to never endure the Walmart shopping experience ever again!

Yea, bummer.

I read an article about it. They still sell handguns in Alaska, stopping that too. Per the article, Walmart had 20% of the ammo market. I find that hard to believe, the local one here was always out of everything, and no attendant.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I read an article about it. They still sell handguns in Alaska, stopping that too. Per the article, Walmart had 20% of the ammo market. I find that hard to believe, the local one here was always out of everything, and no attendant.
    I believe it... All the Wal-Marts in my area had a good selection of ammo. I purchased my carry ammo and most of the ammo I have stockpiled from Wal-Mart. This one kind of hurt and is a huge blow... IMHO, Wal-Mart kind of helped keep ammo prices down just like competition from Palmetto State Armory helps keep ARs priced reasonably.

So much for being reasonable!
    How are law abiding citizens suppose to protect themselves if this trend continues.

One gun grabber on Fox (Tucker's show) said the easiest way to control guns is to ban ammo!

The Target in my area put up their no firearms signs. I quit doing business with them. Apparently, others followed suit. All of the signs are gone. Do the same with Walmart, and it could make a difference.

I am happy they are making this virtue signaling statement. Cheap ammo, yep but they have destroyed the ammo sales of your LGS. It's long past time shooters in this country stop looking for the absolute lowest cost for everything and support the local stores that are struggling to keep their store going. I understand internet sales for those who buy thousands of rounds at one time but if you think your ability to continue to purchase ammo over the internet, you better make damn sure you go to the polls next year. In the meantime, support your LGS and thank them for being in business.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    ..... Per the article, Walmart had 20% of the ammo market. I find that hard to believe, the local one here was always out of everything, and no attendant.
    I agree. While My local Walmart has ammo they have had no decent help since the day after “O” was elected president in any department. A store about 50 miles south of me had no stock of hardly anything on the shelves to the point it made the local news. They rolled all the managers and that helped for about a week. Now it’s got to the point that about all we buy from Walmart is toilet paper and motor oil.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Same with our Walmarts, no one would come open the locked ammo cases for customers, so they've had a de facto ammo "ban" for years. We buy next to nothing at Walmart.

I’ve never bought ammo at any of the Walmarts near me.

My concern is that as the number of retailers dwindles, it becomes easier for them to be targeted by financial institutions.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.