Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Mag magazines.

Default Pro Mag magazines.

I purchased two Pro Mag 8 round magazines to use with my K9. They were brand new in the original package. Neither one would even go in the gun. They seemed to be to big. Contacted Pro Mag, they sent me an RMA and back they went. Today, two months later, the replacements showed up. Guess what, they don't fit either. Am I missing something other then their mags being junk?

I didn't know ProMag made mags for Kahrs. Seems they do, at half the price of Kahr's. https://promagindustries.com/kahr/16...-magazine.html

I've generally had good luck with ProMags for 1911s and Rugers.

I wasn't aware Pro Mag even made Kahr magazines.

Seems to be the general rule shared by many with Kahrs is to stick with the factory mags.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Your K9 is obviously defective, with a poorly machined mag well. Sell it to some poor slob cheap... like me.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I ordered one a long time ago to look at. Same issue. I think it might go in a .40 Kahr though. Pro Mag might think they are the same.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Pro-mags are always the cheapest option for a reason. I have hit or miss luck with them. I now only buy promags is there is no other choice. I do have a couple of pistols where the OEM has folded, and promag is the only choice, even the ones that fit and run, do not fit as well as the originals. Spend the money and get OEM Kahr mags if possible.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Pro-mags are always the cheapest option for a reason. I have hit or miss luck with them. I now only buy promags is there is no other choice. I do have a couple of pistols where the OEM has folded, and promag is the only choice, even the ones that fit and run, do not fit as well as the originals. Spend the money and get OEM Kahr mags if possible.
    Finding that out. Never again!

Over the years I have bought four ProMag magazines. One worked, sort of, and three didn't work at all.

I bought one just to try because my K9 mags had issue with FTF. So guess, same issue - ProMag didn't go into a mag well (too tight). So I have polished it, squeezed it, un-squeeezed it and somehow got it working. Still, it's not even close to the original one for fitment and ejection. Send my original mags back to Kahr and they replaced them for free. What a difference, no issues, gun feeds fine. Now ProMag is in a box with some odd gun part.

K9 Elite
    T40
    Ruger SP101 3" barrel
    Walther TPH

Another cheap mag to avoid is Triple K. In same class as ProMag.