Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Mag magazines.

Ordered three ProMag magazines for a SIG P228 when I lived in CA. Chose ProMag because their price seemed reasonable vs. SIG and the CA legislature had just passed the maximum 10 round magazine law. The magazines looked OK when I received them but the first thing that disappointed me was I couldn't load more than 12 rounds in what was supposed to be a 13 round OEM magazine. Oh well, 12 or 13 rounds what's the difference? After some use, I noticed the magazine catch slot was starting to peen outwards from recoil and drag in the magazine well. Oh well, a file will fix that. Then the adjusted magazine continued to peen. Must be some soft steel used in the magazine tube. To ProMags credit, they advertise a lifetime warranty on their magazines. I contacted them and they gave me a return authorization number so I shipped the magazine. A few weeks later, ProMag sent me a new magazine, not a refund. The new magazine is in my gun safe along with the two original old ones that are still in their packages. My SIG P228 now has OEM spare magazines which carry 13 rounds and have been working fine. Lesson learned.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Having the same problem with mags for my K9. Every aftermarket mag will not fit properly. Sad. I have one mag that came with it.
    Dosen't sound like there's any options...?

If you can't stick with factory look for MecGar. They actually make mags for a lot of the big players, I think they make Sig mags, S&W, Ruger and don't remember all of them. I got two Sig mags for my future SA35 and 3 coming from MecGar. I'm gambling they are the same mag with Sigs logo on a couple.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Arreaux View Post
    Having the same problem with mags for my K9. Every aftermarket mag will not fit properly. Sad. I have one mag that came with it.
    Dosen't sound like there's any options...?
    Welcome to the forum. Look for CW9 or P9 magazines. They should fit your K9.