Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 Input Please!

Thanks to all of you for your reports. I am happy to hear all the positive responses and I am convinced. I called all around and no one stocks the pistol so went by my local gun shop today to find out about ordering the pistol and I knew it was a spendy pistol but I don't know why it is so expensive, anyway he quoted me as follows:
    PM9093A Stainless - $679
    PM9094NA Black - $799

I then looked on gallery of guns and got the following prices:
    PM9093A Stainless - $644.99
    PM9094NA Black - $674.99. (Currently on sale thru Davidson's).

I really prefer the black version so going to try and work this purchase in to the budget before the sale ends.

I bought a CW380 first at the beginning of the year. They say they are harder to get to run, but after the suggested polishing and lube it has run perfectly. I just bought a used PM9 that was built in May of 2013 and it has run perfectly. I like the 9 better but the size of the 380 is a lot smaller so it goes well in the pocket. I love both guns and find them both easy to shoot and more accurate than I can hold them. I don't think you can go wrong with a Kahr. If it won't run the people here or at Kahr can certainly get it going for you. Remember that most people only write to complain not complement.

I purchased my first PM9 in November of 2002. It was my backup and off duty pistol until early 2014. During that time it was reliable and functioned perfectly. Versatility of carry (Ankle, Pocket, IWB) is unmatched. I would still be carrying it today had I not come across a new PM9 with factory night sights that was monetarily too good to pass up. It has proven itself to be just as reliable and functional as the first one, and will continue to be my EDC for the foreseeable future.

I've had the opportunity to experience Kahr customer service a few times over the years and have found them to be professional, friendly and attentive to customer concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Drh View Post
    Thanks to all of you for your reports. I am happy to hear all the positive responses and I am convinced. I called all around and no one stocks the pistol so went by my local gun shop today to find out about ordering the pistol and I knew it was a spendy pistol but I don't know why it is so expensive, anyway he quoted me as follows:
    PM9093A Stainless - $679
    PM9094NA Black - $799

I then looked on gallery of guns and got the following prices:
    PM9093A Stainless - $644.99
    PM9094NA Black - $674.99. (Currently on sale thru Davidson's).

I really prefer the black version so going to try and work this purchase in to the budget before the sale ends.
    If you can get the PM9094NA for that price, I'd highly recommend it. That includes the night sights, which I think are a BIG improvement.

I opted for a used PM9 with night sights over a new CM9. I ended up paying 505 by the time I was done with shipping and the FFL guy. I got mine off of Gunbroker.com The whole thing went smoothly and my gun was built in May 2013 and shows very little wear where things slide over each other. I love the night sights compared to the stock ones.Just another option.

Thanks for a lot of great feedback. I feel much better now about the PM9. As I am doing my research on the different choices Out there I can't help notice that a new PM9 will cost me $675.00 and that is on sale thru Davidson's yet I can get a Glock 43 or XDS for $445, a shield for $375 and then moving up either a Sig P938 or Kimber Solo for around the price of the PM9 so for those of you with the PM9, knowing what you know about your PM9, would you choose differently given the newer choices that are now available and some at quite a bit of savings to your pocketbook?

Thanks for a lot of great feedback. I feel much better now about the PM9. As I am doing my research on the different choices Out there I can't help notice that a new PM9 will cost me $675.00 and that is on sale thru Davidson's yet I can get a Glock 43 or XDS for $445, a shield for $375 and then moving up either a Sig P938 or Kimber Solo for around the price of the PM9 so for those of you with the PM9, knowing what you know about your PM9, would you choose differently given the newer choices that are now available and some at quite a bit of savings to your pocketbook?
    Good question. Yep. If I were perfectly rational I would have purchased a new CM9 for around 3-400. That is certainly your best bang for your buck.
    ​O|||||||O

I have the PM9 with DLC, if for some reason I had to replace, I would buy another just like it. I'm sure the CM9 would work as well, but it's not available in all black.
    NRA Benefactor

I too had the same concerns. I liked the size and grip feel, had concerns about the reliability. I bought used so before I bought, I called kahr to verify the date of manufacture which turned out to be two years old. That was 6 months ago. I've shot about 500 rounds, ball and hp, several different brands, including g +p and had not one issue. Even with the 7 round mag which is where I expected problems.

I went from apprehensive to very pleased. No problem recommending.

Well, I have the PM9, as well as the Kimber Solo DC(LG), the Shield, Glock 43, and several other single stacks. All of them (except for the Solo) are larger than the PM9, and IMHO not as accurate. I do love my Solo, but if you go that route, be prepared to send it back to Kimber at least once. It also kicks like a mule compared to the PM9. I have shot my brother's P938, and do not consider it to be an "upgrade". The PM9 consistently meets all the reasons I wanted a single-stack 9MM, and is the most comfortable to shoot of the lot.

Gun purchases are a very personal preference thing, but you are talking about a price difference of approximately one case of 9mm ammo in price. Over the life of ownership....it is worth the difference over the Shield and Glock.

Charlie