Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

Looks like a new PM9 will accompany the PM45 soon and wondered what ammo tends to be your favorite?

For range work, Speer Lawman TMJ 124gr.

For self defense, Federal HST 124gr.

Tim

From what I've read on this forum almost any quality ammo will run fine. The trouble seems to be Fiocchi and some of the other cheaper stuff. I just got a PM9 and have only run Federal 115 gr FMJ RN through it at the range. No problems. Just don't buy 500 or 1000 rounds until you have tested it in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    From what I've read on this forum almost any quality ammo will run fine. The trouble seems to be Fiocchi and some of the other cheaper stuff. I just got a PM9 and have only run Federal 115 gr FMJ RN through it at the range. No problems. Just don't buy 500 or 1000 rounds until you have tested it in the gun.
    I'm taking delivery of a new CM9 this week. I plan to do the 200 round "wear in" using Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass, both are 115 grain. I have quite a bit of that on hand.

I also will begin testing some SD ammo: among those is Fiocchi 124 JHP ammo. I shot several 9mm pistols, and have a pretty wide assortment of practice and carry ammo. My favorite carry is Speer Gold Dot 147 gr ammo; but I'll test others in the Kahr (and other guns I acquire) just to see how it does. I will TRY to remember to post my results here!

I have run a boatload of Blazer brass, Speer Lawman and American Eagle. No issues with any. Golden Saber 124g for carry.
    ​O|||||||O

Steel case is not recommended.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Freedom munitions 115 & 124 gr reman, Golden Saber 124, HST 147, never had an issue with any brand so far.
    NRA Benefactor

My PM9 (and K9) eats various grains of PMC, Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, Blazer Brass and Aguila range ammunition without a hiccup. My choice for carry ammunition is GDHP 124 grain +P, which functions flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Freedom munitions 115 & 124 gr reman, Golden Saber 124, HST 147, never had an issue with any brand so far.
    Keep in mind, Freedom Munitions and Freedom Ammunition are different companies. Never had a problem with Freedom Munitions products. I have had a problem with Freedom Ammunition, and will never buy it.

My PM9 eats just about anything.....but it's normally fed Remington UMC 115, Blazer Brass 115 & 124, Aguila 124, and Federal 115. Carry: HST 124 & 147 (both standard and +P)