Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy115 View Post
    Range ammo is 115 grain Blazer Brass,

Carry ammo is 147 grain Federal HST (Std Pressure)

My CM9 eats these like candy. Never had a stoppage on these choices in my gun. Probably 500 rounds of the Blazer so far and about 50 of the 147 grain HST's.
    I've found that the heavier bullet will print a bit higher than the lighter ones, like maybe 3 inches. This is at about a 7-10 yard range with my 9mm pistols. Have you found that to be the case with your pistol? Is it a P/CM9?

For that reason I tend to practice and carry the same bullet weight. But it might be my technique shooting.....<g>

Quote Originally Posted by Papersniper View Post
    I've found that the heavier bullet will print a bit higher than the lighter ones, like maybe 3 inches. This is at about a 7-10 yard range with my 9mm pistols. Have you found that to be the case with your pistol? Is it a P/CM9?

For that reason I tend to practice and carry the same bullet weight. But it might be my technique shooting.....<g>
    I don't believe this was directed toward me, but I will answer anysay: I prefer to practice and carry the same weight bullet (147 gr), but I have a lot more practice ammo of various bullet weights, so I generally just gave a box or two and shoot it at the range. However, I have enough 147 gr practice ammo to get the experience shooting it and comparing it to my carry ammo, which is 90% 147 gr. I still occasionally carry 124 gr, and will shoot it up during some practice session eventually.

Yes, the 147 gr bullets will print higher than the lighter ones assuming its velocity is lower than the lighter bullets.
    My goal is to eventually limit my ammo closet to only 147 gr 9mm ammo; but right now I have at least 1000 rounds of 9mm FMJ that's 115 and 124 gr.