Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

At the range, what ever ammo on sale. Carry is Federal HST. No problems with any ammo on my CM9.

Much thanks for all the replies and suggestions, now to try and find some good deals out there!

OT: Interesting story, found a PM9 local and talked with the gentleman and he wanted to take my picture and have me go make copies of DL, CCW, CCW papers and sign off from course teacher, Address etc. I honor his opinion and concerns yet felt like he was asking for too much especially after talking with him for an extended time on phone as he also spent many years in same city and we knew many mutual things. Bowed out and hung up phone wishing him well and returned call from a friend that I just missed and plan on renewing CCW with Friday and told him story and he was like no prob, I got your back. I happen to have a brand new in box PM9 in the safe at home you can have for $200.00 =)
    So interesting how when we ask we receive and with him a simple ATF bill of sale copy is fine.

PM9 arrives Friday and excited to use it same day and likely take shooting part of test with it. If it's anything like my PM45 I will be very satisfied.

Have a feeling LCP will not be with me as often on these 100F plus days.

Ammo, I have been shooting Federal BP9 at range and for carry I am hooked on the new Colt solid brass 115 grain HP. It's only loaded to 1150fps. Easy to shoot well fast.

I like high velocity XTPs. Underwood has some nice ones. The shape of the XTP feeds nicely as a bonus.

I use the Fed HST 147 gr. in cold months, Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. in warm months............................................ ............

Thanks, curious why you change rounds for the season? Perhaps thicker clothing threat may be wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I use the Fed HST 147 gr. in cold months, Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. in warm months............................................ ............

I carry either CorBon 115gr DPX +P or Federal 124gr HST in my PM9. But CorBon seems to feed a bit more smoothly and kick less, even though it is +P. Perhaps because of the lighter bullet weight?

Range ammo is 115 grain Blazer Brass,

Carry ammo is 147 grain Federal HST (Std Pressure)

My CM9 eats these like candy. Never had a stoppage on these choices in my gun. Probably 500 rounds of the Blazer so far and about 50 of the 147 grain HST's.

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
    Thanks, curious why you change rounds for the season? Perhaps thicker clothing threat may be wearing?
    Correct....................................

I only use federal hst for defense in my cm9. It runs flawless and here is probably the best place to buy it. Fast shipping and cheapest priced. https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns...eral+Cartridge