CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy115 View Post
    Range ammo is 115 grain Blazer Brass,

Carry ammo is 147 grain Federal HST (Std Pressure)

My CM9 eats these like candy. Never had a stoppage on these choices in my gun. Probably 500 rounds of the Blazer so far and about 50 of the 147 grain HST's.
    I've found that the heavier bullet will print a bit higher than the lighter ones, like maybe 3 inches. This is at about a 7-10 yard range with my 9mm pistols. Have you found that to be the case with your pistol? Is it a P/CM9?

For that reason I tend to practice and carry the same bullet weight. But it might be my technique shooting.....<g>

Winchester 147 Ranger T for my PM9, catalog RA9T.

Quote Originally Posted by Papersniper View Post
    I've found that the heavier bullet will print a bit higher than the lighter ones, like maybe 3 inches. This is at about a 7-10 yard range with my 9mm pistols. Have you found that to be the case with your pistol? Is it a P/CM9?

For that reason I tend to practice and carry the same bullet weight. But it might be my technique shooting.....<g>
    I don't believe this was directed toward me, but I will answer anysay: I prefer to practice and carry the same weight bullet (147 gr), but I have a lot more practice ammo of various bullet weights, so I generally just gave a box or two and shoot it at the range. However, I have enough 147 gr practice ammo to get the experience shooting it and comparing it to my carry ammo, which is 90% 147 gr. I still occasionally carry 124 gr, and will shoot it up during some practice session eventually.

Yes, the 147 gr bullets will print higher than the lighter ones assuming its velocity is lower than the lighter bullets.
    My goal is to eventually limit my ammo closet to only 147 gr 9mm ammo; but right now I have at least 1000 rounds of 9mm FMJ that's 115 and 124 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    From what I've read on this forum almost any quality ammo will run fine. The trouble seems to be Fiocchi and some of the other cheaper stuff. I just got a PM9 and have only run Federal 115 gr FMJ RN through it at the range. No problems. Just don't buy 500 or 1000 rounds until you have tested it in the gun.
    I'm taking delivery of a new CM9 this week. I plan to do the 200 round "wear in" using Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass, both are 115 grain. I have quite a bit of that on hand.

I also will begin testing some SD ammo: among those is Fiocchi 124 JHP ammo. I shot several 9mm pistols, and have a pretty wide assortment of practice and carry ammo. My favorite carry is Speer Gold Dot 147 gr ammo; but I'll test others in the Kahr (and other guns I acquire) just to see how it does. I will TRY to remember to post my results here!

Ammo results are much appreciated! Please do!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1873 View Post
    Ammo results are much appreciated! Please do!
    I hope to get the pistol this week and shoot ASAP. I'll report back here when I do.......hopefully my fuzzy brain will remember!

BTW, can anyone verify the PM9 and CM9 are the same size? I don't see a lot of holsters or other accessories for the CM9.

I've had my PM9 for two weeks now, put over 600 rounds through it without any problems whatsoever....It's a truly amazing gun, I love it..

Shot mostly Winchester white box 115 gr FMJ, Federal 115 gr FMJ as well as Hornady 115 gr Critical Defense, Speer Gold Dot 115 gr and 124 gr +P.
    Not a misfeed or any hiccups the whole way.
    As far as my carry ammo, it's the Gold Dot 124 gr +P's all the way. I'm a retired NYPD Sergeant and we carried the Gold Dot 124 +P's as our duty ammo and the performance is off the charts.
    I understand the Federal HST 124 gr is excellent as well, but I'm sticking with the Speer.............
    Last edited by sa3886; 07-24-2016 at 03:27 PM.

"...I've had my PM9 for two weeks now...

How is the POI compared to the POA with a center hold? My CM9 shoot maybe 5-6 inches low at 7 yards wih 115 and 124 gr rounds. Due to that I have been carrying the heavier 147 gr bullets in my CM9, right now Fiocchi 147 gr XTP "Extrema". I am happy with its function. It seems to get good ratings by those who test terminal ballistics. I also like the Speer Gold Dot rounds, they are my favorite carry ammo in nearly all cases. But it's good to have an alternate; and Fiocchi works for most of my 9mm handguns.

I believe sometimes pictures are better then words
    This is a partial rewrite of a post I did some time back
    Wife and I have 4 Kahrs. 2 K9s and 2 PM9s
    A long time back I did a bunch of tests with different brand / weights e.g. Goldem Saber, Gold Dots, and some that I don't remember
    plus

To this day there isn't any thing that makes us change our minds for our selections.

POA/POI are the as good as we could expect with fixed sights, these hits are on a 6" steel plate

In the K9s we carry Fed. 147 HST. In the PM9s we carry Win. 147 Ranger RA9T, hard to find now. The Win.stuff seems to have a softer felt recoil then the 147 HST. And the 147 gr. stuff all all seemed to have a soft push felt recoil compared to a sharper snap of 124 gr. stuff.

Also all these tests were done with standard pressure stuff

These are out of PM9s