Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pm9 Favorite Type Ammo?

JG, you've been quiet for quite awhile. Hope all is well down down south of me.

Thanks for stopping by. Do it more often.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

S&B 124 for range, WWB 115 for range, 147 HST for real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Going off topic

Hi Boss,
    It has been a while ! Haven't played with the Kahrs very often so there's not much I can offer there. But I still stop by and lurk. Found a new interest called Marlin lever guns. I had a 1970 .44 mag. a 1985 .22 39A and now a 1995 .357. Been messing around with loading cast boolits in fire formed pistol brass (don't laugh)

And with this new background check on sales we now have to endure here in the N.W. I'm thinking about surrendering most of my toys. Fortunately I have a neighbor that's a Washington County Sheriff who's willing to be nice enough to surrender my stuff for me . Do I have to do a background check on him before I turn them over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrawler93 View Post
    S&B 124 for range, WWB 115 for range, 147 HST for real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I use.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jcannady View Post
    Exactly what I use.

Jim
    Don't you find the POI is different between those three bullet weights? I stopped buying the less expensive 115 gr practice ammo since my pistols and I prefer 147 gr for carry, and the different in POI was enough to make me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Papersniper View Post
    Don't you find the POI is different between those three bullet weights? I stopped buying the less expensive 115 gr practice ammo since my pistols and I prefer 147 gr for carry, and the different in POI was enough to make me uncomfortable.
    I don't shoot my 9 beyond 15 yards and the difference in POI between the 147 gr HST and the range ammo is less than two inches for me at that distance. I generally use the range ammo to practice mechanics for most of a session and then I shoot 50 rounds of HST at the end to refine my technique and to focus on accuracy. That way my last range time gives me muscle memory for the real stuff.

All that said, if WWB came in 147 gr I would definitely prefer that.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does seem that in my MK, the heavier bullet is more accurate.

I went through my storage unit yesterday and found four 25 round boxes of 124 gr Golden Saber (+P) ammo. Nice! So that is what I will be using for carry.

For those of you that use 124 gr Golden Saber (+P) ammo for carry, what ammo do you use for fam fire/range practice?

Quote Originally Posted by jcannady View Post
    I don't shoot my 9 beyond 15 yards and the difference in POI between the 147 gr HST and the range ammo is less than two inches for me at that distance..........

All that said, if WWB came in 147 gr I would definitely prefer that.

Jim
    I recently bought a case of Lawman 147 gr TMJ to share with a friend. I don't recall the price, but it was decent. However, if a case is too much, WWB is always a good alternative.