CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9s

I was really considering the LC9s (already have two LCP .380s), but the CW9 won out because I like its looks better (file photo since Photobucket is extorting everyone recently):

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Got a G43, and after a few hundred dollars of improvements.
    What??? a few hundred?? thats insane, nothing needs improved... I bought a taron tactical +1 and a belt clip and carry it as i do my P32 on the belt with no holster except with the Glock i have an mic trigger holster... New night sites soon but they are only $60...
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    What??? a few hundred?? thats insane, nothing needs improved...
    Says YOU, not me. The stock plastic sights are awful. The mag release button actually needed to be depressed BELOW the level of the grip to drop a mag. My G43 had an 8lb trigger pull from the factory. And those Taran extensions aren't free either....

Truglo TFO sights = $100
    Taran +1 mag extensions (2) = $70
    Vickers extended mag release = $18
    Ghost Edge trigger connector = $25

That's over $200 worth of improvements. If I had to pay someone to do the trigger job and install the sights, it would have been more.

i dont mind the plastic sights, but i tried something stupid and tried to mimic CAP sights so i blacked out the 'U' site and colored the front with glow paint... the paint sux and lasted about a month... i like the heavy trigger on the 43 my other glocks arent near as heavy but they have 10's of thousands of rounds well at least my 26 does 😁

and you said 300 and i thought that was crazy, and 200 as well imo... but to each their own....

and yes im biased to glock, its what i compete with

im in the camp that dosnt play with the trigger on a carry gun
    RIP Muggsy

KR - I have to chuckle at this post. We've certainly traveled some similar ground.

Not too late for good deals on a CM9. Here's one for $300, and once you get the free mag from Kahr, includes 3 mags total. Not too shabby, IMO.....

https://www.cdnnsports.com/kahr-cm9-...l#.WaXoysiGOUk

okay.... admittedly i jumped to post and was surprised to see i already posted in this thread.... this time i read it all the way through.... much talk about the lc9s, i also have one we call it the wifes gun 😁 she jad the lc9 and hated it, when the lc9s came out i sold the lc9 for $1 less than i bought the "s" for, course sold the old before the hype hit the streets...
    point is i agree the trigger is spooky good, surprised of the break when you first shoot it... takes a few mags to get used to but it is scary light... big improvement ruger made no doubt.....
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I have been shooting the LC9 since the original model with the long trigger pull came out. Hated the trigger, but adapted and became very proficient with the gun. When the LC9S made it's debut I jumped on it.
    Since then I have ran thousands of rounds through the gun and can say emphatically they both have been extremely reliable.
    The Trigger on my LC9S is light. It has broken in now to under 5lbs. Hickcock45 mentioned on the review of another pistol, how some single stacks have become so lite, and mentioned the LC9S as "almost like a target trigger". That may be good or bad depending on your views of safety. Mine has the safety, which I prefer, as I have trained with safeties all my life. Personally I would not Carry the Pro Model.

I love this gun. Installed a TFO night sights. I love the thin design, fits perfectly in my hand which is size large almost extra large and I have long fingers. I really like the Stipling on the gun. Provides a very firm grip. I have about a dozen mags now as I shoot often and have never encountered any mags to cause a problem. The LC9S is solid, so many rounds and no problems. I am a avid Ruger fan, (except the LCP's) and believe the LC9S to be one of the best designs made. They have been around now for a long time without any major changes other than the new trigger. That say's something about the quality.

I find the gun to be on the mild side for recoil. It does have a Muzzle flip that some have complained about, but I find this to be a moot point. Just do not notice it when shooting. The gun is fast to target, and really shines at point and shoot style shooting at 15 yds. The Pistol carries very well with the Mitch Rosen belt holster. Very tight and close to the Body. I love the sleek contoured design. Has that "cool look".
    I have shot this gun so often that I know it well. Became one with the gun as they say. However, I never feel really comfortable with the light trigger for Carry. Hence, have been thinking about another single stack. Right now, I am moving toward the CM9. I like the size, and like the longer but smooth trigger pull.

I am also a pocket gun enthusiast, so after owning the Kahr, 380 found it and the Berettal Pico to be such nice shooters, that Maybe the Kahr is worth looking into. Also since I have had tremendously good luck with the Pico and love the quality, that I hope to get the opportunity to shoot the Nano for comparison.

I have that inner feeling that the next single stack I do purchase with the the Kahr CM9. Should have jumped on one when they had a ridiculous sale going on.
    *ps, the LCR beside it, is the LCR9mm. Love that gun as well and nice to just bring one ammo to the ranges.

Ive got a 9mm lcr. Did you change out the front site? Cant tell from the pic. Also I like that boot grip you have. One thing for me is the stock rubber grip rubs a blister and chews the skin off web of my hand between the thumb and index finger after about 50-60 rounds. Fun to shoot though. I do have issue with the bullets jumping the crimp by round 5 with some ammo.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

s&w 908

S&W 908.jpg
    Last edited by ESAFO; 07-26-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    BOB

I'm not in awe, but jealous at the amount of your "collection", but I am in awe as to the condition that you're finding them in. I was trying to work a deal recently on a 97DC, but it didn't work out. I like those older S&W semi's. Reliable. The prices on the 3913's are getting up there. There was one listed on a site in this area. Asking $750. A bit much for me for an older semi.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'm not in awe, but jealous at the amount of your "collection", but I am in awe as to the condition that you're finding them in. I was trying to work a deal recently on a 97DC, but it didn't work out. I like those older S&W semi's. Reliable. The prices on the 3913's are getting up there. There was one listed on a site in this area. Asking $750. A bit much for me for an older semi.
    well thank you it takes time & patients because the nice one's are still out there, as you guys can tell i'm all over the board i'm not picky one bit.
    BOB