Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9s

As for the PPS Range Report?
    It runs with any ammo (big surprise).
    Is extremely accurate (another big surprise).
    Has a nice trigger.

I need more head to head range time with the PPS and LC9s to draw direct comparisons.
    First blush, the Ruger seems to have a slightly better trigger, is lighter and easier to carry (for me).
    Also better balanced.
    PPS seems more accurate/robust/refined.
    Although it feels top heavy and the extra 4 oz weight is noticeable on the back hip.
    Plus the PPS is 6 to the LC9s 7 rounds with flush mags?

The PPS still has 3 extended eight round mags and Mep NS inbound.

I'm thinking LC9s 7+1 sub-compact in the pocket or on the back hip (Primary or BUG).
    And PPS 8+1 flat compact cross-draw or shoulder holster (Primary).

Full Disclosure:
    I totally love my Sig P229 357 and carry the LC9s with it as a BUG.

Nice additions. Interesting differences in the grip texture of the PPS models. I've never handled the M2 but it looks more akin to the "batman" texture that Walther and HK put on their other pistols. I like the PPS because it is so slim and shoots pretty well. I think I'll take your grip but with my mag release.

I shoot the PPS with my various Kahrs usually. I've come to appreciate the PPS. It is just as accurate, with a nice trigger. I can shoot it quicker, better double taps than the Kahrs. It is a nice pistol all around IMHO. It would not replace my HK though. The PPS is good, but not that good.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

It is a very competitive market now. Kahr needs to up their game totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Congrats on the new pistols! I'm officially jealous of the Walther. I like German guns, and Czech guns, too.
    It's all German all the way.
    Just oozes quality.
    It's like a single stack polymer Hk.
    The only thing I didn't like was the plastic guide rod.
    Fortunately BT Guide Rods makes a stainless steel RSA using factory Walther springs.
    http://btguiderods.com/category/walther/pps/

Now I'll add Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights the gun will be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    It is a very competitive market now. Kahr needs to up their game totally.
    Yep, because, slow or fast, my CW9 shoots a little left for me at 10yds.

...but I've other single stack nines I can fall back on:

Seriously, I've tried other small, single stack nines but passed on some because I didn't like the way they felt in hand, others because I didn't like the way they shot. Some others I bought but got rid of for various reasons (Nano-not reliable enough, DB9-trigger snapped off, twice). I traded in my first Shield, because, after putting a lot of rounds through it, I grew to hate the trigger and the guard banged my knuckle too much. I later revisited the Shield with an Apex sear and a Dremel tool; I believe it's a keeper now. Still, I've kept coming back to my CW9. Is it perfect? No, but I prefer it over others that some think are (BTW, that last isn't aimed at any here). Different strokes, for different folks.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Have been thinking of a LC9S, why I don't know. Really don't need one. Had a Shield and should have kept it. Don't know why I sell guns after a few years, maybe just want an excuse to buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by nmkahrshooter View Post
    Have been thinking of a LC9S, why I don't know. Really don't need one. Had a Shield and should have kept it. Don't know why I sell guns after a few years, maybe just want an excuse to buy another one.
    I've been on a continuous journey searching for ultimate carry guns.
    But even when I find something that seems to work perfectly?
    I find I just don't want to stop looking - LOL!
    Seems like the journey is more important, or fun, than the final destination...

As for the Ruger LC9s?
    IMHO it's a great bargain/value.
    Very rounded, flat, light and well balanced with a surprisingly sweet trigger.
    It's extremely carriable in the pocket or on the belt.
    100% reliable out of the box and reasonably accurate.
    I personally recommend this gun to those that are interested in it.

I call foul!!! The Shield isn't single stack. But it's so small it might as well be!

Because of what S&W accomplished with the Shield, I figure Kahr should be able to whip up a double stack nine with a grip the width of a .45. Imagine a P9 with 9+1 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I call foul!!! The Shield isn't single stack. But it's so small it might as well be!
    When I looked at it, Shield absolutely was a single stack pistol. It has a somewhat unusual magazine, where cartridges have a bit of zig-zag stagger at the rim, but are 100% single stack at the mouth. This allows for the follower to travel straight despite 9mm having a little bit of a cone. Cartridges have more stagger in a Glock 43 magazine yet nobody claims that it's a double stack pistol.

P.S. S&W make a double stack pistol that is virtually indistinguishable from Shield when looking from the side. But it's noticeably thicker. This review has a picture of them together:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...on-mp9-shield/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Because of what S&W accomplished with the Shield, I figure Kahr should be able to whip up a double stack nine with a grip the width of a .45. Imagine a P9 with 9+1 rounds.
    True, it's slightly staggered, but it self identifies as a single stack. Shouldn't we support that and all just strive to get along

Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>