Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9s

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I've been on a continuous journey searching for ultimate carry guns.
    But even when I find something that seems to work perfectly?
    I find I just don't want to stop looking - LOL!
    Seems like the journey is more important, or fun, than the final destination...
    Oh, how I relate to that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well, ok. I think of staggered as a form of double stack. S&W thinks otherwise. I can't help it if they're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Well, ok. I think of staggered as a form of double stack. S&W thinks otherwise. I can't help it if they're wrong
    LOL, yup my HK45c 8+1 is like that too.
    Not a single stack, not a full double stack - but a hybrid slightly staggered configuration.
    With a capacity of 8+1, like a P220 or 1911, I still think of it like a single stack though...

What I don't get is the smaller LC9s is 7+1 with the two finger flush grip mags.
    And the larger heavier PPS is 6+1 in the same configuration?
    The Walther is clearly a higher quality weapon.
    But I'm really liking the ergonomics and carryability of the simple inexpensive Ruger.

Funny how things work out...

I like that stainless LCP. My old 1st gen is the blued one, but retired it in favor of this CT380:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I like that stainless LCP. My old 1st gen is the blued one, but retired it in favor of this CT380:

I like the looks of that Kahr too.
    Never thought I'd carry/own a .380 - LOL!
    Things have changed

My CW45 is my EDC. But I held a Walther PPS M2 the other day....it was like Sophia Vergara saying 'take me home big boy. So I did. Break in starts this week.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    My CW45 is my EDC. But I held a Walther PPS M2 the other day....it was like Sophia Vergara saying 'take me home big boy. So I did. Break in starts this week.
    Mine ran like butter right out of the box.
    Eats Federal HST 147 gr Standard/+P and Speer GDHP 124 gr +P like candy.
    (The extensive break in procedure is loading and pulling the trigger - LOL!)

Enjoy

Ops I almost forgot, Buds has the 8 round mags in stock @ $38.97
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id/714016193

I have a new single stack 9mm for my carry rotation . Been wanting a smaller size 9mm for carry and I ordered a Kimber stainless ultra carry II in 9mm . It only comes with one mag !! so I'm waiting on a few more 8 round and 10 round mags . 10 rounds for back up but fired 200 rounds thru it reliably . Nice 4.7 lb trigger makes it easy to shoot well and soft shooting thanks to its 25oz weight , sort hits all my needs for a small thin soft shooting single stack .

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I have a new single stack 9mm for my carry rotation . Been wanting a smaller size 9mm for carry and I ordered a Kimber stainless ultra carry II in 9mm . It only comes with one mag !! so I'm waiting on a few more 8 round and 10 round mags . 10 rounds for back up but fired 200 rounds thru it reliably . Nice 4.7 lb trigger makes it easy to shoot well and soft shooting thanks to its 25oz weight , sort hits all my needs for a small thin soft shooting single stack .
    Looks like a sweet carry gun!

I've read one guy measured the Ruger LC9s trigger at 4.11 lb and yes it makes it easy to shoot well.
    Admittedly the 17.2 oz gun is not so much fun to shoot with +P ammo.
    But soft shooting with standard pressure (I'm running standard pressure Federal HST 147 gr).
    And the light weights makes it fine for pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemesis.

Where as the Walther PPS M2 at 21.1 oz is more of a belt gun and better suited for hotter ammo.
    It's trigger isn't bad at either at a crisp 6.1 lb.

Lots of talk about triggers..........................if you ever use it for what it's intended for, you won't remember if it's 3 lbs. or 9 lbs..............they're not target guns