Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .38 Super?

Thumbs up

I have had quite a few pistols chambered in .38 Super over the years. Never had a problem with them running commercial ammo or reloads, save for a Colt Commander in the 80s that did not like JHPs. I reloaded Super quite a bit on my Dillon 550. I found it a very easy round to load. You can get some impressive velocities without excessive recoil. The Witness's I had ran .38 Super or 9x23 without issue, and I loaded 9x23 using the same dies as Super. I have been missing the round lately. A 1911 so chambered would be nice, preferably in the Magnum Research line as I am not a fan of GI pattern 1911s. I know, sacrilegious, but I would just end up adding back in the stuff the MRI ones come with.

So yes, I vote for Kahr to make a .38 Super. While they are at it, do the 10mm as well. That is my favorite pistol cartridge, slightly nudging out the 45.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

[QUOTE=Chuck54;44011]Why not ask for the 9X23 Win ?....QUOTE]

Well, because I bought a set of 38 S&W dies, and the sizing die for the 38 S&W is a 38 super die which doubles for both cartridges. I also found 2 boxes of 38 Super ammo way in the back of a local lumber yard display for $9.95 each.

How's that for gun buying logic? This was NOT the first time I've bought a gun to go with a few rounds of ammo or some other accessory I'd picked up.

rayb

[QUOTE=rayb;44132]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck54 View Post
    Why not ask for the 9X23 Win ?....QUOTE]

Well, because I bought a set of 38 S&W dies, and the sizing die for the 38 S&W is a 38 super die which doubles for both cartridges. I also found 2 boxes of 38 Super ammo way in the back of a local lumber yard display for $9.95 each.

How's that for gun buying logic? This was NOT the first time I've bought a gun to go with a few rounds of ammo or some other accessory I'd picked up.

rayb
    Makes perfect sense to me and I've done that several times. Honey I have this beautiful holster for a gun I don't have but really really want.

I've even made some grips for guns that other guys wanted and had them show their wifes. Works once in awhile.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."