Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designated Defender

Thumbs up Designated Defender

I really like this idea. I'm usually pretty discreet about carrying but this is worth promoting as vocally as possible. Please consider sharing this idea on every forum you belong. I know that many do not like TheYankeeMarshal but I think he is spot on this time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5JZOM6mW91U
    ​O|||||||O

Here's the follow-up/appeal video. TYM is appealing to the NRA and also appealing to us to get the word out. IMHO it would be great to get the NRA's support but even stronger is a grassroots effort of responsible gun owners carrying legally in bars and encouraging others to to the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdVNT6KdzTQ
    ​O|||||||O

That is actually allowed in some states. Just no drinking while carrying in the bar.

Some states are wrong though in that if a restaurant sells alcohol at all (even if there is not a bar inside) restaurant carry is not allowed. How messed up is that???
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

^^^ Ohio is one of the states that allows carrying in a bar as long as you don't drink.
    ​O|||||||O

It makes sense.

I actually do it all of the time. I am not a big drinker, so it's not an issue for me to stay sober.

Thank goodness I live in GA. I always carry in restaurants and bars when I am not drinking, and I never carry when I am drinking. Not even one sip of a drink. My buds and I worked this one out years ago.

The designated driver carries.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ Ohio is one of the states that allows carrying in a bar as long as you don't drink.
    Texas has its 51% law - if an establishment derives 51% or more of its sales from alcohol (consumed on the premises), then no licensed carry is permitted.

Carry is allowed if the bar is a part of a restaurant.

An LTC (licensed to carry) person is not forbidden to drink while carrying, but does commit an offense if he/she becomes impaired.

If I have a beer or two (or a Margarita) while dining out with my wife, it is nobody else's business if I'm carrying because I'm not impaired. And I drink very little these days anyway.

I agree with the Youtuber's proposal.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I like the designated defender idea. I think that if you are not drinking you should be allowed to carry in bars in all states. I carry in bars when not drinking no matter what the law. The only reason they will know I have a gun is because I pull it out and shoot someone. If it comes to that I would rather deal with the fallout then be dead because I wasn't armed.

^^^ logical
    ​O|||||||O