CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights

Thread: CT45 Range/Ammo/Mag Report

Thumbs up CT45 Range/Ammo/Mag Report

Stopped by my local Academy Sports + Outdoors to buy ammunition on my way to the indoor pistol range last Monday. Bought 100 rounds of .45 auto, Monarch "STEEL" case, 230 gr FMJ and 100 rounds of .45 auto, Independence "ALUMINUM" case, 230 gr FMJ. At the range I fired all the steel & aluminum cased ammunition through my CT45. I used only my six, 8 rd ACT magazines. I experienced 100% reliability. The slide locked back after the last round was fired with all 6 ACT magazines. I have now fired over 400 rounds through my CT45. I finished up by shooting 16 rounds of 230 gr Federal HST through my pistol using two of my ACT mags... again, no problems. So far my CT45 has been 100% reliable. My CT45 has completed basic training and is now ready for "duty".

Very good
    ​O|||||||O

It is nice when things go smoothly. Call me foolish, but I still won't shoot that type of ammo out of my firearms. Glad it's working for you.

Good to hear! Thanks for the report.

My CW45 hasn't missed a beat either.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Glad to hear. My CT45 has also run flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartero391 View Post
    Stopped by my local Academy Sports + Outdoors to buy ammunition on my way to the indoor pistol range last Monday. Bought 100 rounds of .45 auto, Monarch "STEEL" case, 230 gr FMJ and 100 rounds of .45 auto, Independence "ALUMINUM" case, 230 gr FMJ. At the range I fired all the steel & aluminum cased ammunition through my CT45. I used only my six, 8 rd ACT magazines. I experienced 100% reliability. The slide locked back after the last round was fired with all 6 ACT magazines. I have now fired over 400 rounds through my CT45. I finished up by shooting 16 rounds of 230 gr Federal HST through my pistol using two of my ACT mags... again, no problems. So far my CT45 has been 100% reliable. My CT45 has completed basic training and is now ready for "duty".
    According to Act-Mag's website, there's no listing for Kahr magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    According to Act-Mag's website, there's no listing for Kahr magazines.
    Correct. You use their 1911 magazines. Sometimes they take a little tweaking to get them to lock back on the last round. But they otherwise run fine and fit flush in the magwell when you get the appropriate size. I use 6round officer's mags in my CW45.
    ​O|||||||O