Got my new CT380 last week, first gun ever. Been shooting about six weeks. I've rented a K9 and a P380 at the range and loved them. Beautiful little pistols, and I'm more accurate with them than any of the other ones I've tried.

Cleaned and lubed it according to the lube diagram as best I could, with Froglube, following the Froglube directions (heat, apply, let it sit a while, wipe off the excess).

I've read the 380s are finicky about ammo, so I bought four different brands of round-nose FMJ ammo to try and headed out to the range. I was using just the one mag that came with the gun.

Attempt #1, Sellier & Bellot. Two FTE out of first 3 rounds, gave up and moved on to the next brand figuring it'd be better.

Attempt #2, Remington UMC - 2 FTF out of 7 rounds. Uh-oh.

Attempt #3, American Eagle - 1 FTE and 1 FTF out of 7 rounds. What the...

Attempt #4, HyperClean - 1 FTF, 2 FTE out of 7 rounds. *cringe*

So basically I couldn't get thru a mag without at least two malfunctions.

Took it home, cleaned, lubed (wiped off less "excess" this time). Tried to get the mag apart to look at it and couldn't get the bottom plate off.

The plan is to go tomorrow and try again. I've read that Kahr doesn't want to even look at it until you're thru the 200 round break-in, but it's pretty painful trying to shoot 200 rounds when it's jamming every second or third round. (Meanwhile, my husband went and rented a Glock 42 and handed it to me. OK, yes, it eats whatever we feed it and goes bang every time, but I'm not ready to give up on my Kahr yet. He thinks I'm nuts to have bought this as my first gun. He's put 4000 rounds thru his Glock 26 so far without a single hiccup.)

Do I have a lemon on my hands? Should I try to get Kahr to look at it now or keep limping along thru the break-in period? Has anyone out there had their first twenty-odd rounds go this badly and then seen it magically smooth out?

Advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk