Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy Sports pulled their ARs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Academy Sports pulled their ARs

from the shelves and put them in the back.

I asked them about that...

Stephanie H.: Hi, my name is Stephanie H.. How may I help you?
    Stephanie H.: Hello KS!
    KS: I hear AS pulled the AR from the shelves. Is that right?
    Stephanie H.: To protect both our customers and team members, and to assist federal and state authorities, Academy has voluntarily and proactively taken several actions to help ensure that our modern sports rifles sales do not add to the current problems facing the country. Some of these steps include:
    o removing modern sports rifles from display at all Academy stores;
    o removing modern sports rifles from all advertising;
    o removing modern sports rifles from academy.com.
    Ken: How does this protect customers and team members? and.. how are you helping federal and state authorities. I don't understand.
    Stephanie H.: Academy Sports + Outdoors carefully follows all federal and state laws governing the retail sale of firearms.
    KS: yes???
    KS: It is not against the laws to display AR15s. I don't understand.
    KS: Are you there?
    Stephanie H.: i am here
    Stephanie H.: It isn't against the law to not display firearms..
    Stephanie H.: As a family and community focused retailer, Academy Sports + Outdoors is constantly evaluating our business to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers. Our decision to remove modern sports rifles from display while continuing to make them available to those customers legally eligible to purchase them reflects that commitment.
    KS: OK.
    KS: If that is the approach you're taking, I'd appreciate you informing your management that I will not be making any future purchases from AS. Also, I'll be reporting this on various gun sites I am a part of.
    Stephanie H.: Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, I can refer you to our Corporate Communications team. Elise Hasbrook can be reached at 281.944.6041 or elise.hasbrook@academy.com.
    KS: If there is a change of opinion at AS, it likely would be good to post it.
    Stephanie H.: Did you have any other questions for me Ken? Besides the firearms questions?
    KS: No. That's all.
    Stephanie H.: Thank you for contacting Academy Sports & Outdoors. If you require additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service (888)922-2336 7am-12midnight CST or chat & email are available 24/7.
    Stephanie H.: Good Bye

This was from their chat format. If you're inclined, you might want to shoot them a note.

I also emailed Ms. Hasbrook.

ks

Wow! Just Wow!.
    I don't know of any Academy Sports stores around us but that's ok. I won't be going there anyhow I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm really disappointed as they were one of my two favorite stores for ammo.

I have spent quite a bit at Academy. Won't happen again. Didn't realize they were a Libtard organization.

I haven't stepped foot in one for a number of years as they had changed to a soccer mom's store. Their hunting and fishing departments just kept getting smaller and smaller. Truth be told, I'm surprised they still sell any firearms.

Bummer. Another reason to support your local mom and pop gun store whenever possible.
    ​O|||||||O

This is just the beginning. I am sure there will be more. Didn't Walmart sell AR's in the past?

Walmart's still do in rural Texas, but not in some of the big city stores...

The two guys at the Academy sports gun counter on Saturday told me much the same. Corporate dictum to not display, but they still are for sale as of now.
    I asked about "clearance pricing"... you know, help them unload what they are ashamed to carry.
    I'm nice that way.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    Stephanie H.: To protect both our customers and team members, and to assist federal and state authorities, Academy has voluntarily and proactively taken several actions to help ensure that our modern sports rifles sales do not add to the current problems facing the country. Some of these steps include:
    o removing modern sports rifles from display at all Academy stores;
    o removing modern sports rifles from all advertising;
    o removing modern sports rifles from academy.com.
    Ken: How does this protect customers and team members? and.. how are you helping federal and state authorities. I don't understand.
    Stephanie H.: Academy Sports + Outdoors carefully follows all federal and state laws governing the retail sale of firearms.
    KS: yes???
    KS: It is not against the laws to display AR15s. I don't understand.
    KS: Are you there?
    Stephanie H.: i am here
    Stephanie H.: It isn't against the law to not display firearms..
    Stephanie H.: As a family and community focused retailer, Academy Sports + Outdoors is constantly evaluating our business to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers. Our decision to remove modern sports rifles from display while continuing to make them available to those customers legally eligible to purchase them reflects that commitment.
    Sounds like the lawyers and corp. PR department came up with that line and idea. Something happened I bet. Given Academy is based out of Texas and has stores all over the southeast including Florida it makes me wonder if the recent troublemaker in Orlando bought his guns from Academy?

Academy hasn't flinched in the past, at least in my state, and I'd bet a dollar after the noise quiets down they bring them back out.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Sounds like the lawyers and corp. PR department came up with that line and idea. Something happened I bet. Academy hasn't flinched in the past, at least in my state, and I'd bet a dollar after the noise quiets down they bring them back out.
    All correct. Never forget that Dicks did even worse. Not that anybody with two or more living brains cells buys anything at Dicks.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up