CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CT9 vs other models

I went to the range with my oldest sister last week. She is about 5'2 and might go 105 soaking wet. Of the guns I brought along she liked the TP9 the best. Two guns I had with me were "traditional ladies guns", the Glock 42 and the Shield 9mm. She didn't like either, not enough grip. She did very well with the TP9.

I think the various T series Kahrs are a lot more user friendly than their smaller counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrbak View Post
    Interesting that your thumb was affected. It might be your hand size or grip. The 26 is a soft shooting 9.
    After shooting the ct9 I see why it affected your thumb. For some reason my thumb rests in the slide release and it is aggressive and irritates my thumb. I just have to adjust thumb placement. Funny it doesn't happen with t h e cm9

Yep my girlfriend like the ct9 most of all. I am partial to the two fingers grip.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Until you are mentally ready to shoot the 9mm, I would not purchase one. 9mm is not a hard shooting round in any gun.

I'm a small framed woman, 5'5" and 112, and this is my personal take on recoil
    For me the 40 has too much muzzles flip, which makes it harder to get back on target quickly.
    The 9 is no issue
    The 45 isn't bad because the recoil come back into my hand instead of flipping up a lot.
    My little 357, I just love shooting it. I don't care about the recoil, I just like the big bang.
    The 380, I don't own one, for self defense I like the greater power of the other calibers. For those who are recoil sensitive I wish they would make larger 380's hand guns.
    Recoil sensitivity is a very individual matter.
    I agree with Bawana, people often think the 45 has more recoil than the 40. Heck, years ago I was one of them.
    My softest shooting guns are my 9mm 1986 (German) sig. and my CZ sp01 tactical. That being said I love my pm9 and my TP45.

I prefer the .40 round over all others, and understand other's feelings on the caliber. I believe it depends a lot on what you shoot the round out of...............when I shoot .357 out of my wife's revolver, it feels similar to .40 cal., even a bit more recoil.