Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

I don't consider the garage a man cave. I have a room in the house, it's probably less than 200 sq feet but prior to the disaster it was full of guns and knives.

Very few boobs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If you built it 50X100 it would just take a year longer to fill up. It is one of the laws of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't consider the garage a man cave. I have a room in the house, it's probably less than 200 sq feet but prior to the disaster it was full of guns and knives.

Very few boobs.
    Me neither. Garage is for vehicles, car/truck and lawn/garden routine maintenance tools. Man cave is 1300 sq ft carved out of unfinished basement....with a nod to small footprint HVAC and a couple large wall racks of household supplies and archive stuff storage. Ironically, I was just thinking today that one of the benefits we thought of when buying this house 24 years ago was it's a ranch. No stairs to climb, except for the basement, for when we aged. Now aged and retired I'm down and up those damn stairs a good ten times a day, if for no other reason than to escape the boobs.
    NRA Benefactor

One time I was going to build me a man cave out back, about 10x16. I was sitting drawing up plans when the wife saw it. She asked about it so I started describing the lay out. Told her my plans to run water to it and all was good till I got to the satellite TV and recliner I had planned, then she figured out it was to get away from her and the kids (and inlaws at the time) so that didn't go over well.

Well, the inlaws left and we moved to another town not long after and bought a slightly bigger house so I had more room and some garage space. I'm still looking at that building but now it will probably be for garage stuff. I'll then make the garage into a big room (my cave) and maybe put a pool table too. I'll need to make some kinda carport though I guess for her car.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Hate to bust the bubble on the man caves……but the "Convict" and I are happy in a 40 foot camper (8 or 9 months a year)…..but we have only been married 12 years so maybe that has something to do with it!!

Interestingly enough when we bought our home in Michigan we wanted to make sure we each had our own SPACE……. Because prior to our marriage we both enjoyed living alone……we loved our "personal" space. I guess we are blessed that we are flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Hate to bust the bubble on the man caves……but the "Convict" and I are happy in a 40 foot camper (8 or 9 months a year)…..but we have only been married 12 years so maybe that has something to do with it!!

Interestingly enough when we bought our home in Michigan we wanted to make sure we each had our own SPACE……. Because prior to our marriage we both enjoyed living alone……we loved our "personal" space. I guess we are blessed that we are flexible!
    Actually the term Man Cave is probably not a good fit. I certainly welcome woman (well you and my wife and a very select few others) into it.
    But it's exactly what you describe as "personal space". It's my don't mess with anything room. Wife goes in gets what she needs, batteries, sometimes tape, a few other items but it's the one part of the house where everything goes back where it's found. I taught my kids the same thing.
    Wish I could have such luck with my garage but not even close.

Wife has her adjacent room that I have to pass through to get to mine but I don't mess with her stuff there either. Actually the whole house is her space, my man cave is mine. If I leave stuff out it gets put in the man cave or bedroom or someplace. I'm ok with that.

It works good. So you coming over to visit my personal space. Maybe we should come up with a new name for man cave.

Trying to remember what Hugh Hefner called his inner sanctum. That might work.

For the record, if I was in a 40' camper for 8 or 9 months a year with my wife or any other human regardless of gender identity I'd be licking windows and lying on railroad tracks. I need a bit more space and room options.

Course the older I get the more I'd much prefer just staying home too. I like it here, I'd like it anywhere home is, just prefer to stay there.
    I don't even like to go to work, I'd rather stay home.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm single but have a girlfriend that is pretty understanding so my Man Cave starts where my driveway meets the road. She may move in when her mother dies and I'm not sure what will happen then.

I know exactly what will happen then but I'm not gonna prematurely ruin your life. You'll have to experience it for yourself.
    I guess a little teaser wouldn't hurt. Your Man Cave will no longer start where the driveway meets the road, far from it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Actually the term Man Cave is probably not a good fit. I certainly welcome woman (well you and my wife and a very select few others) into it.
    But it's exactly what you describe as "personal space". It's my don't mess with anything room. Wife goes in gets what she needs, batteries, sometimes tape, a few other items but it's the one part of the house where everything goes back where it's found. I taught my kids the same thing.
    Wish I could have such luck with my garage but not even close.

Wife has her adjacent room that I have to pass through to get to mine but I don't mess with her stuff there either. Actually the whole house is her space, my man cave is mine. If I leave stuff out it gets put in the man cave or bedroom or someplace. I'm ok with that.

It works good. So you coming over to visit my personal space. Maybe we should come up with a new name for man cave.

Trying to remember what Hugh Hefner called his inner sanctum. That might work.

For the record, if I was in a 40' camper for 8 or 9 months a year with my wife or any other human regardless of gender identity I'd be licking windows and lying on railroad tracks. I need a bit more space and room options.

Course the older I get the more I'd much prefer just staying home too. I like it here, I'd like it anywhere home is, just prefer to stay there.
    I don't even like to go to work, I'd rather stay home.
    Bizarrely profound...
    NRA Benefactor

There's a lot more room than you think in a 40' RV. Your man cave will have to be outside. Unless you use the back area of the RV, where the atv storage is........or the fold out deck. I could live in a 40 footer easily, even with the wifey and dog. I have a room now, I like to call it the duty room. It's where all the tools are, along with all the various fix it things you need when you have a house. Small work bench where I clean my firearms. If I move up nort, that will disappear, no duty room up there. I'll have to construct something in the garage.