Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Got back from up nort today. It was hot so basically chilled for 4 days. It's usually not 90 friggen degrees in Sept..............Skipped mowing yard till next time.............................................. ......................The vietnamese family visitors arrived late last month at the neighbors. We minded our own business and stayed away, giving the neighbor some space with his new experience. Heard a lot of Vietnamese language from the kids and the parents, and a lot of "no" out of my neighbor. Well, we found out when the wife ran in to him while walking the dog, that things changed. I found out that they had left, and moved in to a Vietnamese community in Commiefornia, where they speak the language, the kids can immediately start school and learn English at a slower pace, and it's less stressful for the parents with a better chance of some type of employment. I also think that without him saying it, he found out that this whole experience was a daunting task, with a very long time frame to get them up to even functioning semi normally here in this country. He tried, and at least he got them here, legally I might add, and now they are probably where they should be. All the stuff he did to prepare for their arrival around his homestead. Oh well, at least it's improvement, whether it's currently utilized or not...……………….No dog issues, a very quiet weekend, just like I like them. If it wouldn't have been so hot, I would have taken a hike out back, and got me some taters. Hopefully next time......until next time.

Got back from up nort today. We've been taking the more scenic route, and staying off of the expressway. It's absolutely crazy, the stuff you see on the expressway when your on it for a few hours. Nobody paying attention to the road, and doing the phone thing. You can always tell. They speed up and slow down constantly, and do the drift about every 15 seconds. Then this time of year, you have to watch out for the "sheet killers". The big slabs of ice or snow that fly off of semi trailers at 80 mph. Had one hit us last year, and I thought that we were goners. It hit the windshield so hard that I thought for sure I would have to pull over. It's been 10 degrees colder, we've had more snow and it came earlier than average. From last Sat. night till Sun. night, we got about 6 inches...………………………..my neighbor was going to close up and head to Commiefornia to see relatives. Instead, (which I thought was the smarter thing) he adopted a dog from the Humane Society. I could always tell that he and our dog Maggie really hit it off. So now he has Morgan. Looks just like Maggie, only a lot younger. Still got those sharp puppy teeth. Ball of energy. I'm glad for him and Morgan. I think it's what they both needed. I know I would rather stay by the beautiful countryside, than go to see relatives in Commiefornia……………..Showed the wifey how to use the snowblower the last time up, and so this time, she went out and remembered everything I showed her. Started on the first pull...………………………………………………...lots of turkey and deer out right now. Lots of coyotes too. The dog smells deer tracks, but she really buries her nose in those coyote tracks. She always knows when they are out in the woods at night by the house, and goes on the defense. Hopefully, this isn't a gauge of the weather for the rest of the year. Later...…………………………….

Thought mebbe you'd given up on this thread. Happy you haven't. Thanks for the update.

And...wrt the drivers thingy. Sounds like Missouri between Columbia and St Louis on I-70...without the phones. I drive that stretch a good six times a year now on my regular summer vacation travels and it's been that way for as long as I can remember...decades.
    NRA Benefactor

Got back from up nort.................between the snow and cold that came last week, and the snow that came a couple weeks back, we had about 18 inches. Getting too old to have to move that stuff around if you know what I mean. That 50 below zero stuff was really getting old. Even my heat tape had to be reset. Got lucky. It was soooooo cold, it sprung the reset...……………………………………………………………...Here we go again...………………………………..I'm sitting in a chair taking a breather and having some water, I turn towards a noise, and I'm staring at 2 pit bulls and some type of smaller hunting dog. WTF??????????? I stand up and pull my firearm out, but they didn't come too close once I got up. Then I hear the neighbors calling them by name. We didn't see any vehicles at their house when we arrived, so I don't know whether they are their dogs or if they were babysitting them, or they had visitors. I sure hope it was the latter. Now we have to deal with 6 dogs???????????? The wifey said that she saw the dogs in their back yard when we got home, and I didn't see any other vehicles at their house...…………………………..guess I won't know till whenever. Since my last contact with them, it's been quiet. Since I am a man of my word, I called the sheriff, just like I told them I would do from now on, whenever I saw their dogs loose. The sheriff came, and I showed him the dog tracks in the yard. He said that he had already seen them. We were lucky that Maggie wasn't with us. I don't know what those other dogs mind frame was, or what they are used to. People just don't realize(because they're stupid) that when you let animals roam, everywhere they go is their territory. Packs of dogs get weird about territories. I told him the same thing I've told every other deputy. I will kill them if necessary...……….not that I want to, and it pisses me off when people put me in that position. He didn't seem to be in disagreement. He said he'd go have a discussion with them. I just wanted it on paper so the next time, it's fine time. These people don't realize that once they are on paper, you've got them by the dinguss. $265 per dog for roaming dog, and it goes up from there. I guess it only takes 3 or 4 times and it's up in the thousands. I warned them...………………………………………………...Now my other neighbor has his place up for sale. Restless soul. He hasn't been there very long. Couple summers. He's got it listed for $36,500 more than he paid. I guess he thinks that the work he put in justifies the price. He did fix it up nice, and now with a shed, and heated workshop separate from the house and a pellet stove, it is much nicer and cleaner than when he bought it...………………………………….I can't wait for spring. It's too much work in the winter. I would much rather cut grass than remove snow...……...till next time.

Thanks fer the update...
    NRA Benefactor

I really love it how people think that they get away from the city and rules don't apply. Especially regarding dogs. Ya can't fix stupid.

We got an electric co. email power outage alert for up nort on Sunday morning. I didn't feel like making the trip, so the wifey went and her friend volunteered to be co pilot. Lots of snow and wind on the highway. The wife said part of the trip was whiteout conditions. A bit nort of us, they had a 131 vehicle pile up, the largest in state history. The last time I was up there, we had a total of about 20 inches on the ground. Now, as of last weekend add another 12", and we have more on the way, on and off for the week. Supposed to be another 10". My windows are about 3 ft. off the deck and the snow is even with the bottom of the windows.The pic of the wifey's girlfriend is my driveway, and the two trees are normally about 15 ft. apart. They are now touching. The way it looks, I don't know if I even want to go there until the spring thaw. Everything turned out good as far as the electric. Ours was still on. The place needed to be checked out anyway. We've had a crazy amount of snow this year, most I've seen in a while. Must be that global warming thing again. Along with the below zero wind chills...………………………………..until next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They driving something that can drive up that driveway once they beat the snow off the branches.

We had quite a pile of the white stuff on our end of the continent last week, I think it ended up about 30'' total, threatened more this week but so far it hasn't happened which is just fine and dandy with me. Had to stay home 3 or 4 days, then had to go to work in the truck for a couple before we got the driveway cleared so I could drive the van.

Used the love the snow, had several 4x4's, good fun. Not so much fun anymore.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

131 vehicle pile up

​Ever notice how people drive nowadays....3 feet off the car in front of them's bumper! They are totally surprised when everyone crashes into each other, especially when sooooo many can't put down their cell phone "even in bad driving conditions". Pretty hard to feel sorry for most.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    They driving something that can drive up that driveway once they beat the snow off the branches.

We had quite a pile of the white stuff on our end of the continent last week, I think it ended up about 30'' total, threatened more this week but so far it hasn't happened which is just fine and dandy with me. Had to stay home 3 or 4 days, then had to go to work in the truck for a couple before we got the driveway cleared so I could drive the van.

Used the love the snow, had several 4x4's, good fun. Not so much fun anymore.
    They never even tried to drive up the driveway. The car would have never made it. It's still all piled up as we speak. A nice 5' high pile that the plow left right in front of the drive. Lot's of work. That's why I mentioned not going up again till the thaw.