Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Expressive language.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Expressive language.
    With a decidedly blue hue.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Well, I guess the worst is over. We are now offically moved to our new place up nort. Some carnage but it's over. Movers are animals........................................... .The new carpeting went in without a hitch and looks real good. We've been so busy, we're trying to take it down a notch. Spent yesterday arranging and moving stuff in the pole building. We managed to spend a few hours on the deck, just taking in the reality of it all. Beautiful day, low 70's,a nice breeze, and no bugs. Had 17 turkey's come through yesterday afternnoon. I told the wife that she will have to keep a bit better watch up here. Thursday night when a train sounded it's horn off in the distance, a pack of coyotes started howling and they were only about 75 yds. from the house. It's the closest they've ever been. The guy behind us is growing corn this year and I'm sure that critters frquent this area more than in the past. Well, back to the garage to move things out of the way to get at other things. We still have too much stuff. I will never move again.................they'll have to peel my hands off of the door. Work can be enjoyable, but moving just plain sucks. The wifey is enjoying her decorating opportunities. She needs some of that after basically losing her career over this virus crap.............................................. ...............................Later

Wait 'til your neighbor cuts down that corn, the field will turn into a night time rodant buffet for those coyotes, and they will be howling with pleasure.
    That's something that happens where I live and I spend hours on the back porch listening to it.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Well, the land owner behind me cut down the corn the other night between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM. I've noticed that someone put up a game cam down the way a bit. I think that the coyotes have dispersed and gone somewhere quieter and less populated with humans. The one night they were right behind my pole garage, about 40 ft. from the house and constantly howling at the train horns in the distance. Now, it's been quiet lately which makes me believe that they are not close anymore. The land owner had pushed a bunch of dirt in to berms. I think that's where the coyotes were living. Perfect spot, berms and cornfield. Smorgasbord. Hunting is underway, so they'll head for the hills so to speak............................................. ....................The owners of the last empty property in the area, which is between my closest neighbor and myself, have been there lately, putzing around and cutting small trees. I noticed that they've marked trees to come down with orange ribbons, and have marked the property with no trespassing signage. They brought in a small shed, and I've heard that they are planning to put in a double wide and a garage. All of this and still no one has dropped two dead oaks that could fall on anything they do. As usual, this should be interesting...............................

What the hE!!?????????? I cooked up a delicious NY Strip on the grill. Potatoes from a friends garden. Green beans cooked low and slow to death. The sun was out, it was a nice day. Had a nice meal, a bit of tv, a couple of shots of Limoncello. I look outside, and there's 4 inches of snow. Already. Really? WTF.........Not a good sign as far as winter goes................................I don't really mind some cold, it's refreshing. We usually don't have any measureable snow until a bit before Xmas. Better check that snow blower again..................................