Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Default Whatever...........soap opera?

It's been a bit slow, so..................The wifey and I went up nort for the holiday. My neighbors to the NW were up to their property, hailing from Indiana. I stopped over to shoot the breeze, and have a beer. They informed me that they had just had a survey of their property done, that morning. We all have some acreage, so they are not close. Seems that, what they thought was some of their property, on the side of their driveway(woods) turned out to be my property. They had it staked out, and I could see where the property line was. They also told me that MY markers were right on, according to their surveyor. They had been mowing my property ever since they've owned their place. I told them, " I know." It really wasn't an issue with me, I had already seen aerial views and knew where my property started and stopped. They also found out, that what they thought was their neighbors property, was actually theirs, and the neighbors had recently dumped a huge pile of very large stumps on what they thought was their property, but in reality, some one else's. Also muddying up the waters, is that fact that my neighbors want to purchase a very small piece of their neighbors property, 142 sq. ft. to be exact, so they can put in a straight driveway to a new garage. Makes it easier to back in the boat. More mud, the neighbors with the land have a dog. My neighbor has a game camera with 106 pictures of their dog tearing up the ground by the neighbors septic tank. I'm not talking a little bit of ground, I'm talking 20 ft. in each direction. Trenches..............there's a lot of sand up there, so these are trenches. So, my neighbor asked my advice about how to handle the situation. First, I told him that I was aware of where my property starts and stops, and with a laugh, told him that if he wanted to keep wasting his time, mowing MY property, beat yourself up. Then I told him, that even if it wasn't intentional, neighbors dumping their stumps on your property is very disrespectful, at the least. Land, or no land, I would want them removed. We all have enough lumber lying around. No one needs extra. Then I told him that I would offer the neighbor $5.00 a square ft. for the land. Then I would show the pictures of their dog, to them, and tell them that you want the damage to your property fixed, and if you ever see the dog doing damage to your property again, you'll shoot it. None of us really care about other people's dogs in the area, they're all friendly. When they start causing damage, it becomes an issue. We'll see what happens the next time I see my neighbor..................................

Thumbs up

Tune in tomorrow at 2:39 for part 2.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Same bat time...same bat channel...
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Tune in tomorrow at 2:39 for part 2.
    good post. You've got us hanging so let us know more when you do.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

yeah show pix ask nicely for them to control their dog. If it isn't a big fix, I would repair the area myself esp if I am trying to buy their property. Of course if they agree to the sale, it will become a hassle with property taxes, deed, ect. so probably a real estate attorney will need to be involved. Might be more trouble than its worth.

Keep us posted.
    I am the Living Man

Got back today from up nort......................My neighbors from Indiana were not there. Their neighbors and my neighbors dog was out, chasing birds as usual. The area where the dog was doing damage to their property looked a bit worse, from a distance. The last weekend, before I left, the dog was in my driveway, and I pitched a few rocks at it. I was always deadly with rocks, sometimes I think that I should be carrying rocks instead of a firearm, I am so much more accurate with the rocks. This time, she came up the driveway as I was getting out of the car in the pole garage. All I had to do was look, which is what I did, and without a sound from either one of us, she turned around and trotted away at a quick pace. I think she got the vibe. I would much rather be friends with the dog, but their are some doggy mental illness issues there. So, as of now............a bit more damage, and I don't think the neighbors have had a chance to discuss the issues yet. It was a beautiful weekend. Temps at about 75 with a northwest breeze, no bugs, more fireworks, festivals, went to the races in Wisconsin Dells. I found another place to shoot also. A guy has a small gun/shop out in the boonies with a no frills range with a handgun berm, and a 100 yd. rifle area. about 15 minutes from my place. He's trying to sell it, but no bites in over a year. It does need a young energetic hand, and it could be a nice setup. Me, I just want to shoot, I don't care about the frills. As long as I can hang up a target, and it's safe, I'm good. He says $5.00 an hour, or $30 a year, or $55 for you and spouse. I asked what happens if he sells the place. He says, that if you haven't come at least ten times, he'd refund your money. He didn't sound too optimistic about being able to sell the place. I told him for now, I'd probably just be paying by the hour. Until next time.............................................. .......

One of my old bosses had a dog, a german shep puppie. Dog would jump on everybody. I had no use for ripped clothes and such, and while the boss was one of the best I ever had, he was not doing right by anyone with the obnoxious dog. One day, the dog came running at me when I entered the shop. It lunged, so I slapped it hard, right on top of its head. Knocked it senseless. It yelped. The boss said nada.

Next day, the dog came a running and got slapped hard in the same way.

Day after that the dog came, I put my hand up, and that was that. Cured. Dog would then approach me meekly, and I'd love it up. If it got a bit wild from the attention, all I needed to do was raise my hand. Got along famously with the dog after that. And, boss of bosses said not one little peep. I don't think he had it in himself to really discipline the animal.

Sounds like some parents I've seen. Let the kids run wild hoping school will settle them down. Pity the poor teachers with kids like this in class. Some parents should be spayed and neutered.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

My polish neighbor down the road, used to be a groundskeeper. He's the only one with a manicured lawn. The rest of us just cut whatever grows in the sand, and we try not to cut much. The dog has been hanging around his property a lot lately. I think he may be tiring of the situation soon. He doesn't take too much crap..............if the dog touches his tomatoes, which he keeps under wraps so the animals don't get them, and treats them like his children, I fear there could be an anti freeze steak in something's future, or a bullet. Really hate to see this crap happening. It's not the dogs fault. I've talked to the owner on many occasions. She's a nice woman, and was very helpful when I first got my place. I may just have to be the peacemaker, and explain how other's feel about the dog, and what could happen. The last time I was up nort, a crew of coyotes went across my crap field at about 5:00 AM. I didn't see them, but the wife did. She said that they looked a bit thin and scraggly. The dog doesn't have a clue.............................................. .................................................. ........

Went up nort this past weekend, got some shooting in at the new discovery range. We had a heat indices of 107. The wife was a trooper in the heat, and also learned a valuable lesson in slide bite. Ouch! She should have known better, and I didn't teach her that. We were soaked after an hour. Managed between the 2 of us, about 275 rounds down range. The neighbors were not up again, and when we left, the neighbors dog was tearing up their property again by the septic. The dog has been staying off of our property, which is good for the dog, but wait until the neighbors see the latest damage. To be continued......................................... ....