Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

I felt the same way about Dobermans, always leary of them, never really wanted one. Kind of that way with Rottweilers too but I'd love to have one of those. Neighbors had one and he was just a great dog. He was very protective of the kids. But again they are known to snap too, guess it can happen with any breed.
    I've actually experienced more issues with the little ankle biters than any of the large breeds.

We get all kinds of dog at work, folks bring them in. I like to play with them, big and small. Usually more friendly than people in my book.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've actually experienced more issues with the little ankle biters than any of the large breeds.
    The only dog I’ve ever been bitten by was a little dog and it came out of its yard into mine just to sneak up and bite me. Then it bit my mom a couple of weeks later. Animal control then told the owners the dog had to go because there were 2 unprovoked biting incidents.

Had a German Shepherd from age 2 to 14 and she was a sweet dog. She loved and was very protective of kids. But if a strange adult came to the fence she gave a big not welcome signal. Never bit anyone.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

While I don’t advocate dogs roaming around attacking & biting people and other dogs, some people deserve to be bit (thugs, criminals etc.).

Many issues arise when one dog is on a leash, and another is not. A leashed dog does not have full control during situations and will many times feel anxious and become protective. When a person is walking their dog, and ends up surrounded by many dogs, not on leashes, your dog will feel threatened, when in most cases, if not leashed, it would meet and greet like dogs do. BUT, in my experience, when you have your dog leashed and a pack of aggressive dogs surrounds you, things can escalate real quick, and not because of something you've done. The other dogs sense weakness when your dog is on leash. Keeping calm does wonders as far as your own dog during a situation like this, but it's very hard to stay calm while being surrounded by aggressive dogs. I've been in the situation too many times for my liking. It's much easier for me to just keep walking, and the first one that even comes in to sniff gets one to the head. I won't let them get close enough to *** or bite or latch on. Been there, had that...................................when you're surrounded, you kind of get an idea of how Custer must have felt. Do you know what kind of shirt Custer wore?????????? Arrow

A guy put on Facebook how he was upset that the dog catcher had taken and was holding two of his dogs. I assumed the dogs had been on the man's property when taken. No, those were running loose. I immediately chastised the man for allowing his animals to run loose. "Well when I was growing up everyone did that."

I pointed out how that's now illegal and he should be fined and charged upkeep for not being a responsible dog owner. He wasn't very happy with the one person on his very popular FB page correcting his self-entitled behavior.

And that's the problem. Far too many people do not love their animals and thus, are not responsible with them. That puts others at risk.

I recall even back when I was 5 or 6 a dog catcher tried to take my little terrier out of our front yard. Don't know why. I ran out the door he was carrying the dog towards his truck. He turned as I was running towards him. Kicked him in the shin (couldn't reach his nuts) as hard as I could. He dropped the dog but I caught it and ran into the house.
    He didn't even come to the door, just got in his truck and left.
    Don't mess with 6 year olds dogs I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I recall even back when I was 5 or 6 a dog catcher tried to take my little terrier out of our front yard. Don't know why. I ran out the door he was carrying the dog towards his truck. He turned as I was running towards him. Kicked him in the shin (couldn't reach his nuts) as hard as I could. He dropped the dog but I caught it and ran into the house.
    He didn't even come to the door, just got in his truck and left.
    Don't mess with 6 year olds dogs I guess.
    Excellent!

Our dogs live in the house with us. We're out in the country and our yard is not fully fenced. The only time our dogs are outside is when we're out there with them. It's a lot of work but they're worth it.

Colonel you proved it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the six year old kid that matters!

Often wondered if that dog catcher remembers me. Course he's probably crossed the river by now.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

The idiot neighbor spent half of last summer building a kennel and larger space for their dogs. Lot of good it does when you leave gates open.............................................. .....it's tough when the IQ of the dogs is higher than that of the owner. It's why I call him Lurch, and the home owner Debbie Does Stupid.