Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

I hope that y'all have enough TP on hand! That seems to be the favorite emergency supply.

We're isolating in place, except for trips to scout for supplies and a few consumables. We have plenty on hand, but will continue to restock as permitted.

I've gotten all of my gas cans and LPG bottles filled and we're ready for hurricane season, as well... pretty early, too. Gas is $1.779 at Sam's today.

Take care.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I vote for stay up nort'! As for snow, we had a little over a foot a few days ago. Thankfully, we had good sun shiny weather for over a week before so that the drive way was 95% dirt. First time it was that clear since October. I always get a fresh 5 gallons of gas for the snow blower every year, and the most I've used in the past is just over half of the gas can. Right now I have enough gas to maybe clear the drive two more time, and we the most snow in March and April. Our last snow is normally at the tail end of May.

Well, I just got back from up nort.................mowed lawn, cleaned gutters, replaced some front and back deck boards, planted a pine tree, cleaned and reorganized the pole building, trimmed raspberries out of my mowing paths, and wasp sprayed for wasps right before we left. The wasps and ticks are horrible this year, have to watch like a hawk. Mostly deer ticks, which is odd. It's usually the standard ticks we always have. Deer ticks are not good news since they spread Lyme's Disease which is on the rise in my state. Really bad for dogs...........................................met my new neighbor down the road. Single gal from Winona, Mn. She offered me a beer so she can't be all bad. Filled her in on the area. Just came back home to try to get haircuts, attend to some other business, mow lawn, and then head right back up. My county up nort has a population of about 30,000. 4 cities, 6 villages, 19 towns, 13 unincorporated. They have 22 Covid cases in the county that they know of. I usually just go to the gas station anyway so not to many worries up there. You don't see very many masks on the general populace. More guns then masks. I guess that's a good thing.

Masked gunmen?!?!?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Well, I just got back from up nort.................mowed lawn, cleaned gutters, replaced some front and back deck boards, planted a pine tree, cleaned and reorganized the pole building, trimmed raspberries out of my mowing paths, and wasp sprayed for wasps right before we left. The wasps and ticks are horrible this year, have to watch like a hawk. Mostly deer ticks, which is odd. It's usually the standard ticks we always have. Deer ticks are not good news since they spread Lyme's Disease which is on the rise in my state. Really bad for dogs...........................................met my new neighbor down the road. Single gal from Winona, Mn. She offered me a beer so she can't be all bad. Filled her in on the area. Just came back home to try to get haircuts, attend to some other business, mow lawn, and then head right back up. My county up nort has a population of about 30,000. 4 cities, 6 villages, 19 towns, 13 unincorporated. They have 22 Covid cases in the county that they know of. I usually just go to the gas station anyway so not to many worries up there. You don't see very many masks on the general populace. More guns then masks. I guess that's a good thing.
    I take Lyme disease very serious. I spend a lot of time all year around in the woods. I am OCD about protection. My SUV has a very large container of Peridine lotion ready to use. Plus I spray my clothes down with it all the time. Actually soak them. Had a friend of the family, nice looking Vivacious lady taken down with the disease. You could not recognize her. Now paralyzed.
    I hunted two years ago and this was in Nov. Came home Sat. night. Found a tick embedded in my neck. I went immediately to the ER. TheY had to use a scalpel to take it out. Followed by stitches and anti-biotics and the Antibiotic especially for Tick Lyme Disease. Doctor told me it was wise to come in right away. She said there is a 24hr window to give the most preventtion for the Anti-biotic, but even that did not mean total success. Be careful with Ticks. Take there very seriously.

And Please take care of your Dog if you have one.
    Last edited by King Rat; 06-03-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Sounds like you got things squared away up nort. We don't have a lot of ticks but we do keep our dogs applied with flea and tick meds regularly. For anyone interested Costco now sell Pet Armor brand for $28 for 6 applications. About a third of the price of the other leading brands, and they are effective.

@berettabone The reason for a cottage is that you do not have enough work at home to keep you entertained. I'm lucky, I have a friend with a cottage that lets me do all of the work I want.

It's a house, not a cottage, and I haven't mentioned all the work I have at my "other" home.............

Went up nort for a few days last week.................nice weather, the ticks weren't as bad, and we replanted some pines we found on the property. The neighbor stopped by with a couple beers, so we shot the breeze for a while. She said she's really liking the area and the quiet. ............................After we got home, we got a call from her and she said that all of the neighbors dogs were loose, and basically keeping her hostage in the house. She had a visitor staying over in a tent and she was stuck in the tent for over an hour. She has 2 dogs herself, and they are not used to other dogs at all. She doesn't ever let them loose. We told her to call the sheriff. I told the wife that she'll probably him and haw around and not call. I was close. She did call and had a visit from the sheriff, but apparently she waited too long to call, so he wasn't going to issue them any citation. The last complaint was me, last year. Another call, and most likely they'll get one. I have warned these neighbors repeatedly, so I guess we're at the final crossroads......................................I' m getting a feeling that at some point, I will be forced to shoot one. Then the tears will start rolling for the owners. I told my wife that even though it's mean, I may just shoot one in the hip, and let the owners decide whether to take it to the vet, or put it down. Maybe that will wake them up.....maybe. I'd much rather empty their pocketbook though. I don't like being forced in to a corner with these dogs. I also have a new neighbor next door in the city. More great news...they own 2 pit bulls and one of them went after my other neighbor's dog already. We are really close to putting up the for sale sign and just moving up nort. It's in the beginning stages and these irresponsible people with their animals are just hurrying the process along. I haven't spoken to the new neighbor yet, but I WILL make it clear that pit bulls are a waste of dog food, and if they ever go after my dog, my wife, or come on my property, I will kill them. Sure hate to be put in these positions but you gotta do what you gotta do................................................ ..........

I've got to argue with you about pitbulls. I don't have one, but know several people with them. They are all wonderful, playful dogs. With people and other dogs. It comes down to the owners. I would not approach a strange one on the street, but they are far from bad dogs. My niece has one and she takes in dogs that are being transported to new homes on a regular basis. Her dog plays and share with different strangers almost every week. Blame the owner/trainer, not the dog.