Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Arms aren't long enough.

I had to have my granddaughter (3) show me how to turn the flashlight (torch) on with my new phone. I asked if she knew how, she asked if I did, I said of course but wanted her to show me. She did, now I know how. Damn kids.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Arms aren't long enough.

I had to have my granddaughter (3) show me how to turn the flashlight (torch) on with my new phone. I asked if she knew how, she asked if I did, I said of course but wanted her to show me. She did, now I know how. Damn kids.
    Now that there is just...crying sad.
    NRA Benefactor

Got back from up nort yesterday. A bit of rain at night, but 4 days of high 70's to low 80's temps. Had 4 does feeding outside my bedroom window. Could have reached out and touched them. Beautiful. Unfortunately, the idiot dog from down the way had to come over while my wifey was trying to walk the dog. Heard the commotion, and tore out of the house in socks. People who let their dogs run loose don't understand that a dog on a leash feels unable to protect itself from an aggressive dog, and gets pissed off. Well, that's what happened. After chasing the dog off of my property, with rocks and sticks, I could hear the owner calling the dog, which he's been doing for 4 years now, and still doesn't realize that the dog doesn't listen. So, I walked a bit down the road so he could hear me. I called him a few choice words, asked him why he built a large fenced in area on his property, then leaves the gate open. Told him I was sick of people like him who try to skate through life with an IQ of 7. Then I told him that the next time his dog comes on my property, I will kill it. Period. Hate to be that way, but I am tired of irresponsible owners. So I have to take it in to my own hands. We'll see how this goes. The neighbor down the road with the pit bulls must have gotten the word from the new neighbors down their way. I guess the dogs were coming across the way and screwing around with his garbage. Hopefully they told them the same thing I told my neighbor. I haven't seen them out much................got a chance to talk to my near neighbor for just a couple minutes. He's planning on trying to start a bit of a lawn for his Vietnamese visitors, who should be arriving the end of May. He was destumping the smaller trees in the yard. He's also getting an area ready for a garden. His son, who lives up there in a small town about 45 minutes away has a very large garden. I happen to have about 30 round steel tree/veggie protectors with stakes sitting in my garage, and offered them up since I have no use for them. I could get plenty of organic veggies in trade. I asked about his workshop. I know this probably won't help much. He bought it from a Antique/restoration place outside of Sparta, Wi. They had 3 different models assembled out front. They must have someone making them for them. It's 10' by 12'. Stained wood, don't know what kind. Metal roof, small porch on front. No insulation. Came with all attachment pieces, screws, nails, etc. $8600. I believe that they had it sitting on skids, and he talked them in to including the skids. Seemed a bit stiff for my blood. I would think that if you shopped around, you could find something just as well made for less. Delivered.................I have to start figuring out what I'm going to do about a lawn mower. Heading back up soon. We'll see what the next trials and tribulations will be. The older I get, the less patience I have for pretty much everything that's negative. I may just take the blow gun up there. Very stealthy, very accurate, very quiet, and with a good blow, the spring steel darts will go through a tin can at 20 ft. If you shoot it at drywall, you have to get the pliers to pull them out. Next time, if I'm not in jail......

Thanks for checking on your neighbor's shelter for me. I do see those types of pre-builts around here but have not seen them offered as a kit. They may be though. Either way they would look better than a cargo container and I wouldn't have the issue with condensation that the containers do.

Bad thing about the darts is that they're gonna stick in whatever you hit with them. Something to think about there. But, who needs a neighbor's dogs on their property? I sure wouldn't want it happening to me.

I use the little plastic blunt projectiles with my blow gun. Haven't had to use it for years, no dogs or other blow gunnable things to shoot at.

Last one my wife got. Hit the dog right on the nose with one of them blunts, never did see that one again.

Last one for me was a pitbull, nice dog, kind of liked him but chewed anything it could get it's mouth on. Chewed lots of stuff. Go to his house just down the street and the owner would answer the door checkbook in hand to replace whatever he chewed.

He was up one day when I was building something and chewed the cord off my wormdrive saw. I made a cut, put it down, picked up a second later to make another cut and no go. Checked the plug, still plugged in, noticed the cord chewed in half. No pitbull and never came to visit again neither.

Had to hurt something awful I expect. I never did like getting electrocuted. If I ever cross over the other side, hang me, don't fire up ole sparky.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Thanks for checking on your neighbor's shelter for me. I do see those types of pre-builts around here but have not seen them offered as a kit. They may be though. Either way they would look better than a cargo container and I wouldn't have the issue with condensation that the containers do.

Bad thing about the darts is that they're gonna stick in whatever you hit with them. Something to think about there. But, who needs a neighbor's dogs on their property? I sure wouldn't want it happening to me.
    He also put a small wood burner in it, and it has a couple of windows also. As far as the darts, that's the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I use the little plastic blunt projectiles with my blow gun. Haven't had to use it for years, no dogs or other blow gunnable things to shoot at.

Last one my wife got. Hit the dog right on the nose with one of them blunts, never did see that one again.

Last one for me was a pitbull, nice dog, kind of liked him but chewed anything it could get it's mouth on. Chewed lots of stuff. Go to his house just down the street and the owner would answer the door checkbook in hand to replace whatever he chewed.

He was up one day when I was building something and chewed the cord off my wormdrive saw. I made a cut, put it down, picked up a second later to make another cut and no go. Checked the plug, still plugged in, noticed the cord chewed in half. No pitbull and never came to visit again neither.

Had to hurt something awful I expect. I never did like getting electrocuted. If I ever cross over the other side, hang me, don't fire up ole sparky.
    They make the cone ends for the darts. Catch more air. I've even seen nice miniature broad heads. I have a 6 footer, and I use plastic beads with a center hole. Just heat up the end of the spring steel and when it's red, slide it right in to the center of the bead. The darts fly pretty straight the first couple of shots, until the spring steel gets a bend in it from impact. If you find them. If you want to get nasty, you just heat them enough to stay on. Whatever you hit, the bead will pop off on impact and you won't have anything to grab on to, to pull it out. I've had the blowgun for probably 35-40 years. When I was a lot younger, we used to practice with it and could hit a soup can from 30-35 ft. with power. It has come in handy over the years a few times.

Got back from up nort yesterday...………….blistering heat. Mid to high 90's for 4 days. I have never seen the mosquitoes and ticks so bad, since we first started going there. Our average for this time of year is a bit over 3 inches of rain for the month. We're over 6 inches and the month isn't over yet. The poor dog got bit to hell every time she had to use the ladies room...………………………...It doesn't help that I haven't mowed the yard yet because of no mower. The grass is getting taller by the minute. I decided to have a guy pick up my dinosaur mower, and see if it can be fixed. I am hoping that I can stretch it out a few more years. I really don't want to have to shell out for a new mower. Fingers crossed...……………………………..Didn't see or hear any Vietnamese children at the neighbor's place. They were supposed to be here by the end of the month. He had his small camper out front for sale. I know that he's trying to recoup some cash that he's spent, preparing for his arrivals. It's nothing I would do, but I give him credit for what he's doing, which is taking some kind of responsibility for bringing a human in to this world, and giving them a better life...…………………………..Got a fried chicken dinner Fri. night from the Roadhouse. All white, with slaw, and extra broasted potatoes. Always good. On Sat. we picked up homemade cabbage rolls from the Polish deli, also always good. Ate good, slept good, bugs were really bad, but all in all, a good trip...………………………………..until next time.

If it ever got into the 90's here I'd have to believe we are being sucked in close to the sun! We crack 80 about 4-5 times a year and that is too much for me. Also, no ticks, fleas or mosquitos here. Too high for the ticks and fleas and no standing water close enough for the mosquitos.

Have I ever said I love where we live (state politics aside)?

Got back from up nort today...................eventually. If you ever drive a distance, try it at between 50 and 55 mph, and see how oh so long it takes to get back.............................................. .Got up nort early for a change, and there was my lawnmower sitting along the side of the house. Tarped, and ready to go. The place I took it to said that the wire from the solenoid was jinged up, so they put in a new wire and fuse, a new battery and it was running. It started right up, and it was mowing and running very well, considering that the grass was over knee high. Got to the opposite side of the house where it died the last time, and it needed fuel like the last time, so I headed for the garage and filled her up. Went back to my mowing, and I $#!t you not, it dies in the exact same spot as last time. This time, I didn't see smoke, but could smell that something fried again. Un fricken real, was not happy. Called them up, and they picked it back up today. I was already heading back, so I didn't get a chance to talk to whoever picked it up. I managed to get most of the grass cut, which was good, because the mosquitoes and ticks were still pretty bad. I should have known that the latest mower incident was some kind of bad ju ju………………………..talked to the neighbor and found out that the other neighbors have been letting their dog run around again, on my property of course. I guess it's time to get bad...………………………………………………………………………………….We're cruising down the expressway about a third of the way home, at about 80 mph in a 70 limit. There aren't too many LE on the highway, so it's pretty safe. We come upon a slight curve with a semi in the right lane doing about 55 mph. We are in the left lane and proceeding to pass this thing. All of a sudden, in the middle of the lane was a couple skid loads of coiled pipe. I had no where to go. The wife saw it about a second after I did. I couldn't go right because of the truck, and I couldn't go left because the pipe covered the whole lane. Just no where to go. We both prepared for impact, not knowing what kind of pipe it was. I still don't know what type of pipe it was. Kabbooooooom……...front tire done. Luckily, we were right by a type of emergency area which they sometimes have, on the left side of the highway, just for wonderful occasions like this. I managed to keep control of the car. The way it felt, it was like some kind of hard PVC type stuff, because it kind of exploded. Heard all sorts of bad noises underneath at impact. The wifey has AAA, which we have gotten our $$$$worth out of over the years. They were there in a half hour, put my doughnut tire on, and told me where a tire store was on the way back. Love that AAA. The tire had a 2 inch dia.hole in the side wall. I told the wifey it was just our luck. Somehow, a piece turned completely sideways, and punctured the side of the tire. Otherwise, we could have just gone over it unscathed. We got off of the expressway because we didn't feel like getting run over...………………………….We found the tire place, but of course they didn't stock my tire, but could have one by Thurs...…………….By about this time, if I would have been on a plane that ran out of gas, I would have told them not to try any fancy landing, take this b1tc# in full tilt, I don't want to be a vegetable...…………………...Hence my beginning statement. I said F it, and headed back to the expressway, where we had a cruising speed of between 50 and 55 mph, ticking off everybody. I had my flashers on, and stayed to the right of course, but that doesn't matter...………….a normally 2 1/2 hr. drive turned in to the equivalent of driving to Minneapolis/ St. Paul, which is in another state, about a 6 hr. drive...………………..after we got back, I had a chance to look at the rim. Whatever type of pipe it was also gouged the rim where the tire needs to seat...………………….Tires, aluminum rim, this could turn out to be very costly indeed...………………….fed up until next time.