Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    As always....sounds like an overall great time/place.

Fall ain't here, here, yet. But it will be by the time we get back from soonest visiting it in Maine.

I no longer have fear of plastic. Properly done. And Husky anything is one of my preferred brands. But, if going back to metal next year....

Now,wasn't that there really helpful?

Being pragmatic...first thing I thought of when you got into the directly overhead birds was that getting crapped on thingy you mentioned. Second was, that sounds seriously cool.
    Normally, I wouldn't fret on the plastic, but up by me, it's all sand and the underneath goodies, blades and deck really take a beating. May revisit the Husky next year.

Got back from up nort today...............rained everyday until Sunday. Perfect day and weather on Sunday. I looked at the neighbors property, and what did I see?????? Kind of a sandy, muddy driveway, and some wood stacked up, along with some trusses. It looks like the infamous garage that was going to be built could finally be under way. I don't know what happened, but by the size of the trusses and wood, it looks like it will be just large enough to put a boat in with a bit of spare. Me personally, after all the trouble they had, would have built something that would have been a bit more useful. They have lots of sales right now on metal buildings. I think that they wanted wood, but after getting cost estimates maybe they had to downsize. I also look at resale value if you ever decided to move. Looks like they only have one guy doing the work. We saw the guy stop by, take a look and leave. They have some sand down, but it doesn't even look close to being ready for a slab yet. Curious to see how this goes. They have pretty strict driveway codes when you first start building and they are enforcing them more than in the past....................................Had lots of bluejays in the yard. The linebackers of the bird world. They get really big up there and basically defend their territory like bullies. Down here in the city, they get about as big as a robin, but up there, they are very stocky, and about the size of a good sized hawk. We took the dog to the nature preserve for a little hike. Lots of birds in the area, mostly Trumpeter swans. Of course the dog loves it, but is still in the process of learning manners. Her nose just gets her in trouble every time. One of her good qualities is, because of her nose, she alerts us if anything is in the area. She'll smell a dog on the trail minutes before you actually see it. Strangest thing is, we get back to the refuge building, and the wife uses the ladies room. The dog sat and waited and as soon as she came out, we headed towards the car. She immediately started pulling, much more than any time that day, and by the time we got to the car, she was pulling with all of her might to get in to that car. Normally, she just hops in, or if she has a bug up her ass, plays around a bit, but this time she wanted in that car. She even tried to get in the front which has bucket seats. She has never sat in the front or even wanted to. I looked around for the longest time, because the wife thinks she smelled something that frightened her. I say that the dog just has a screw loose, but that's just me. The wife thinks that maybe she smelled a bear. Her nose is top notch for a dog. We don't know what her experience is in the woods for the first part of her life, but it is possible that she has had a run in with that smell before. We didn't see or smell anything so we'll never know for sure................................until next time.

Maybe they are doing a pole building. With mine the slab came last. Sand was a big mess. Until final leveling and then the cement.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I thought about that.....................I didn't see mine being built, so I don't know how they do it. I assumed that the slab was first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

berettabone,
    Loved the part about your dog's nose.
    My buddy Bill had a Springer Spaniel that hunted with us...Scooby by name. Scooby had a great nose. We came back from hunting one time and were enjoying a few beers when we noticed Scooby laying by Bill's pack across the room. Scooby would almost always be over by Bill's feet so we joked about him having found a new object of affection and went on with our beverages. Bill later told me that when he went to hit the rack that night Scooby was still laying near that pack. A quick look revealed that Bill forgot he had stashed one of his breakfast burritos (wrapped in foil and wax paper) in that pack. The report I got was that Scooby enjoyed that burrito.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Went up nort Thurs. 19th., came home Tues. 24th. A bit of rain but a lot of sun. Good weather for working outside. No one came to work on the neighbors garage on Thurs. Someone was there on Fri. for about an hour. The wife commented that it was perfect weather for garage building. I commented that it was also good weather for drinking. The owners showed up on Saturday. No one was there until early afternoon and when they came, they talked for a few hours while doing nothing. Finally I heard some hammering and noticed that a guy was doing a bit of work. Well, that stopped shortly. He got there about 3 and left about 4. I took note of how the garage looked. I'm no carpenter, but from what I saw. there were very few horizontal boards, and posts in the ground, which looked cheap and not very secure. Less vertical boards than horizontal. Looks to me like they are building this thing as cheaply as they can get it to stand up, until they leave. No shock towers. Personally, I have never seen anything like it. Doesn't look like it would even be safe to hang pictures. When I compare it to mine, and mine is no fortress, it doesn't even come close. The owners left Sunday. I'll be going up again next week. I can't wait to see the progress, or lack of. Seems that they've tackled this garage issue the same as all the rest. I for see unhappy campers once again .......until next time.

I'm happy with my finished garage, not thrilled but happy. But it's construction was very similar, I think the company had each crew working 3 or 4 jobs. They'd show up work for an hour or two then bale and go someplace else.
    The finished garage is nice, how it got there left a lot to be desired.

A friend years ago had one built by the same outfit. It was turn key ready to occupy in 3 days. Slab, doors whole deal.
    Mine took 2 to 3 weeks and I had to do the slab prep myself. Mine is 28 by 36, originally I was going 28 by 48 but cut off one bay on the cheap.
    I regret that every day. that last bay would have been ideal for the boat, kids motorcycles and saddles and horse stuff.
    I think they call the 20/20 hindsight.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Mine is 32' by 40'. Thought it was pretty big, but now that we're thinking of making it our future full time home, it kind of shrunk. Can always use extra room....................................

Garages and man caves, and motorcycles are NEVER big enough. I started to say boobs but Ixti might be on line.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well, I could use a third bay in the garage. But 1300 sq ft man cave is large enough. Bikes, when I rode back in the day, were big enough screamers. As were wife's boobs.
    NRA Benefactor