Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

My transportation mode doesn't bode well for RV's really. I really don't need a lot of space, be nice to live near where we vacation each summer, perfect would be on the lake with a great view out my work room and a 1000 yard shooting range out the other end.
    Lake front and shooting range don't fit well together though unless I owned the whole lake and I don't see that happening.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If we ever travel during the summer we would definitely head your way…...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Actually the term Man Cave is probably not a good fit. I certainly welcome woman (well you and my wife and a very select few others) into it.
    But it's exactly what you describe as "personal space". It's my don't mess with anything room. Wife goes in gets what she needs, batteries, sometimes tape, a few other items but it's the one part of the house where everything goes back where it's found. I taught my kids the same thing.
    Wish I could have such luck with my garage but not even close.

Wife has her adjacent room that I have to pass through to get to mine but I don't mess with her stuff there either. Actually the whole house is her space, my man cave is mine. If I leave stuff out it gets put in the man cave or bedroom or someplace. I'm ok with that.

It works good. So you coming over to visit my personal space. Maybe we should come up with a new name for man cave.

Trying to remember what Hugh Hefner called his inner sanctum. That might work.

For the record, if I was in a 40' camper for 8 or 9 months a year with my wife or any other human regardless of gender identity I'd be licking windows and lying on railroad tracks. I need a bit more space and room options.

Course the older I get the more I'd much prefer just staying home too. I like it here, I'd like it anywhere home is, just prefer to stay there.
    I don't even like to go to work, I'd rather stay home.

Grotto Hugh had a Grotto. My man cave is now a Grotto.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Workshop. Den. Then we be started with this Man Cave stuff. Now Grotto. Is there no end to creative ways to call in friendly fire on one's position?
    NRA Benefactor

Went up nort for a few days. More cranes starting to show up at the preserve. A few groups of geese, and some Trumpeter swans. I was surprised...........there were actually walls up on the neighbors garage, along with a roof. There were two guys actually there for two full days getting it done. I thought for sure that they were going all wood, but I am sure after the sticker shock, they went with metal. Dark brown to match the cabin. I think that they'll regret the size. It does look kind of cheap. Hope they have a good snow rake, but they usually shut it down, and don't come up in the winter. Had some snow up there, nothing that lasted but it's here. They haven't done any concrete work yet. That would worry me if I was footin the bill. We'll see if they are going to put in a driveway. So far it doesn't look like it. The town may or may not agree with their decision. Rules and regs you know. Looks like it's time to run the snow blower and get some fresh gas.......heading up for the Thanksgiving holiday, hopefully some decent weather. Hopefully, more birds at the Preserve, the dog get's a kick out of it like the owners..................until next time.

We need a like button.

Hasn't that been suggested/brought up before?
    NRA Benefactor

Went up nort for the Thanksgiving holiday. Stopped by the church and picked up a couple free turkey dinners at the local church, gave our usual donation, and headed home to eat. There are many people who can use that free meal, which is why we donate. More because we hope that they continue, than a real religious reason. I have to say that it wasn't quite as good as last year, but beggars can't be choosers. Turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, corn, gravy, pie. I gave the wifey my pie(that's the kind of nice guy I am) and I've never been much for turkey. I like all the other stuff. If your a senior citizen, or any age for that matter, and your low on the denaro, and you have transportation, and if you plan it right, you can get a free meal everyday somewhere. All of the towns nearby have free suppers on different nights all year round. Half are church connected and the other are just the towns doing a good thing from donations...........................a kid that had been missing since June was found by a couple of deer hunters. Coroner says it looks like suicide. He was found in an area not searched by a very large search crew....................Took the dog over to the bird refuge on Friday. Not a bird in sight, which has me baffled now. The so called weather experts say an early winter is predicted with more snow/rain, and the indicators I see say the same, but not many birds. The weather has been on the warmer side during the day, so December should/could be another month like the previous years, where they all show up at once by the thousands. We're hoping............................................ ...................The neighbors got there slab poured, and the garage looks just about complete. Surprising. With as slow as people move up there, and the problems the neighbors always seem to have, I didn't think they would finish this year. They told me since the beginning that the reason for building the garage, was to save on storage fees for the boat every year. Funny thing is, is that they had the boat parked in the yard all summer and even after construction began. Now, the boat is no where to be seen. They towed it away somewhere. I don't know if they were worried that it was going to snow or what, but they are defeating the whole purpose of the garage for what ever reason. I'll never understand some people's reasoning. Luckily it's not my job.................The weather was nice enough a couple of the days, that we got some deck time with the mutt and soaked up some sun. The dog loves the decks and would just lay there day and night if possible. Three does came out Fri. morning and were brunching out on my crap field. Getting chased around by those pesky bucks can make a girl hungry. They keep an eye on any movement in the house, but they don't look too worried. More the dog than anything else................Got all snow removal equip. started, oil changed and ready for another one. Getting to hate winter more and more each year. I like the rest of the seasons, so I have to put up with this one. With a bit of greenery, I'd take fall year round..............I used to think that lawyers were the most overpaid on the planet. Now, I think dentist's have taken over first place. Had some issues with a tooth. Got some treatment. Treatment didn't work, dentist thinks I cracked a root. The tooth was a crown that had a root canal. Cracked a root? I had never heard of that happening. $5500 for a bridge, $6200 for a post. One tooth. If it was in the back, I would say pull it, but it's not. Now I've got decisions. Yeah, they took over first place..................................a few neighbors have their Xmas lights out, looks nice, very minimal. The next door neighbor has one blue tree in the middle of nowhere in the woods, very cool. He has 2 pink flamingos by his mailbox, so go figure. My 85 year old neighbor down the road went crazy last year with the 3 d stuff. I see now he has a lot more things in the front yard, but I have yet to see them in the dark. Next time..................................until next time.

I don't play dentist games and haven't for quite a while. If it hurts out it comes. I look like I come from Arkansas but even though I have insurance I ain't playing.
    Might get me some of them fake choppers one of these days, not the wooden ones like George Washington had but them new fangled plastic jobs that kind of look like real teeth.
    Back when I had just one dentist he's refuse to yank. Now I go to clinic so you never know what your gonna get. I think they are a training station as they don't seem to stay around long. Probably open their own offices after making a million or so in 6 months.

Some really cute ones too but we don't need to go there.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I think mebbe I'd be missin' out on these updates is a big reason I done not be lettin' da cancer kill me.
    NRA Benefactor

Got back from up nort today...............................about a 5 degree difference in the temp. between north and south. Being close to the big lake(MICHIGAN) it's a tad warmer. Up nort, we're close to the second and fourth largest lakes in Wisconsin, but apparently, it doesn't have as much effect...............No birds at the sanctuary, and that's not good news. It means it's been warmer later in to the year the past few years, but this year it got cold earlier. Had a bit of snow, and it was single digits a couple of nights............................................ .......Looks like the neighbors garage is finished. I don't know if they put gravel down, or just sand, but they have 2 driveways now. One to the garage and the other skirts my property on the opposite side. I would hope that they checked out the local rules and regs, because you have to put down at least 6 inches of gravel if you're going to have a driveway......................saw many areas where you can see deer tracks and rabbit tracks, with prints that look like a smaller dog, which would be coyotes running right along side. Lots of coyotes this year. Up there it's basically shoot them on site , and they have contests and pay for hides. People up nort don't like them for the obvious reasons. They kill deer, especially the younger one's, and they get a lot of people's dogs, along with any other animals or birds they have around. They do get rid of mice and rats, so they're not all bad. I figure, they've got to eat too.......................................Picked up a copy of the local small town rag and the front page had the headline " Elroy Chief of Police's toddler accidently shoots himself in stomach with handgun." Elroy is a small town about 12 miles away from me. Me thinks that there are some questions to be answered. They said that the kid was 3 years old, and did it with the fathers firearm. When the paper contacted the City Administrator, it was no comment. When the father was interim Chief in 2015, he was put on administrative leave after an investigation revealed that he was at a party where minors had been served alcohol. Somehow, this doesn't sound like it's going to turn out well for somebody.......................................... ...................otherwise, it was a cold, beautiful, quiet 4 days. Heading back up for Xmas. Until next time.............................................. ...........