Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

^^^^ living near the Cuyahoga National Park (where we are not allowed to hunt), we are overrun with deer. Their greatest predator is cars. Other than that, we got lotsa coyotes and even a couple big cats moving in. Around here they are doing much more good than harm. Just keep your dog in at night.

There was a deer carcass in the field next door once. Maybe a pack of coyotes got it or more likely it died there after getting hit by a car. Regardless, the coyotes were feeding on that carcass every night for a while. They drove my dogs nuts. We got one of them electric fences that the dogs will not cross. They would stand there on their side of the fence barking their heads off. And the coyotes were just 50 feet away whining and howling back. Great fun!

Enjoy it up Nort. Sounds like paradise. But steer clear of Elroy.
    ​O|||||||O

That Cuyahoga Park and valley looks like a gem amongst the living. We don't have a deer shortage either. My property is covered with tracks. If I was a hunter, I could just sit on my back deck and wait. I'd get one every year.........I notice down in the city, the cops and sheriff's look reasonably fit. Up nort, many of them look like the only time they could give chase, is if there was more than one kind of donut at the buffet table. Also, in the city they are very aggressive, and have a lousy attitude. Up nort, they slow things down, and aren't in too much of a hurry, more like when they get around to it. When I complained about some of my signage missing last year, the sheriff wouldn't even walk back to see where they were(about 100 yds.). I usually don't have too much knock against LE, but many of them seem to have graduated 149th out of 150th in their class, the Jethro Bodine School of Coppin. It's a shame because the wifey and I have been to Elroy many times and it's a quaint little town.

Just got caught by a county cop yesterday driving my SXS on the road. Illegal in my neck of the woods here in Wisconsin. I explained that I was just stiring up the gearbox oil before I changed it and was not going to run down the county road that he was on. He just said it was good I wasn't going out on the county rd and asked for no ID and gave me no dressing down. Very reasonable since the road I was on was not legal in the SXS either.

My road is also an ATV illegal road.....................people still drive them on the road, but no one complains until they start getting stupid, like last year. 2 people were reported for going like a bat out of hell, and there are kids around down the way. I believe the fine is $748...........don't ask me why they just didn't make it $750.

Okay, I'll bite. Why didn' they just make it $750?

I'm such an ass!
    NRA Benefactor

That would be excessive. 748 is reasonable. Rediculous compared to speeding fines.

Our road happens to be a non ATV road. There are tons of ATV roads around. Our area must have decided(I wasn't a part of the decision) that they don't want to listen to them all day long. My neighbor down the road has an ATV(he's 85) and he drives it around. He says if they want to fine him, go ahead. He keeps an eye on other people's properties which is fine with most. The problem being that these ATV owners have to go as fast as they can. I live on a dead end, and I have seen them hit my circle at probably close to 60 miles an hour, fast enough to go up on two wheels. If they don't make the turn, guess who's property they are going to tear up. Same with snowmobiles, not allowed, but once again, if they respect the area, because they are operating on other's private properties, no one makes a stink. They like to tear up other's properties, so, they get called in. The whole area is nothing but ATV and snowmobile heaven. They have multitudes of places to use both. Can't respect other's properties or cause dangerous situations, your going to get called in. Simple really. I wish they would raise the fines to a couple thousand. Would stop the crap in a minute.

Most cops and I assume this would apply nationwide, take in the circumstances. As in dustnchips case, he wasn't doing anything crazy, probably not going fast or damaging property, so no ticket, no hassle, off you go.
    Stopping a guy going 60 or ripping up somebodies property, they get the citation and probably a verbal thrashing.

Years ago in my vertical days I tool my 400 Suzuki for a quick trip down the road, dirt bike, not legal, I only wanted to make sure it ran before I put it on the truck and went someplace to ride it. Course neighbors called the cops (probably democrats from California) and the cops actually showed up.
    I only made one pass down and back and was done. Officer shows up and talks to them for a bit and then of course comes over to chat with me.
    I told him what I had done and my reason for doing so. He was totally understanding. Told me to act like I was getting my arse chewed out, put my head down and act sorrowful. He pointed his finger like he was poking me in the chest all the while asking about reed valves on his mikuni carburetor on his Kawasaki.

Many towns around us are suddenly putting up for vote the idea of making riding ATV's on public roads legal. I'm not sure where it's coming from, haven't heard any talk about it or anybody even advocating it. Seems weird.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Funny about the Suzuki dirt bike thing.

Many years ago (I was 15 yrs old), I crossed the road on my Suzuki 250 motocross bike sitting side saddle with the engine running, and in 1st gear. Just too lazy to walk it across.

A young pup LEO patrolling on his Harley saw me, and being full of piss and vinegar, he gave me a citation. I only crossed from our driveway to the private property directly across the street.

Didn't matter - he cut me no slack.

Fast forward 15 years, and I had become his Chief.

Karma.

I had a high speed pursuit with a county deputy on my Honda Mini Trail 70 when I was in the 13 or 14 age range. Was giving my sister a ride to her friends house. About a block on a main drag and then onto a side street. Deputy timed it just right and saw me on the main drag.
    I got to the side street and opened her up but with my sister on the back we didn't have no get up and go. Told her to jump off and go between some houses into the woods and she could circle back home easy.
    She wouldn't jump off, figured they would shoot me or something and I'd go down like Bonnie and Clyde. Still mad about that. I could have easily eluded if she would have got off.

Turns out they thought it was great fun, didn't give me a ticket or even chew me out, felt sorry for me that my sister wouldn't get off.
    Just told me to ride on the green belt along the main road and they didn't care if I rode on the side street. Didn't give my sister no more rides after that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."