CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Went up nort this past weekend. Heard the infamous dog barking, but never saw it loose. Did some more shooting at the new range(new for us) Shot up about 300 rds. We walked over to inspect the neighbor's yard, and low and behold, the dog damage had been repaired, they had stakes put in for what I assume to be, the/a driveway. I didn't see any stakes by the property that they want to purchase. I also saw a huge trailer by the pile of stumps that the neighbor had dumped on their property. I didn't get a chance to talk to the neighbor's, but it looks like everyone is being civil. I just don't know whether the land that they want, is still in the picture. I am glad that I didn't need to play referee..............yet...........to be continued......................................... ....

Just got back from up nort........................good weather. The neighbors were there..........they'd been there since Thurs. I saw that the dog damage area was still looking good.. I asked them if they repaired it and they said no, the dog owners must have. Apparently, they had finally had a chance to talk to the owners about the dog, and they had been keeping it tied up. They also talked to them about the wood and stumps that they had dumped on their property. I saw a trailer near the spot. My neighbors told me that that issue is moving very slowly. They also talked to the neighbor again about possibly purchasing that bit of property that they want for the driveway. They said, just go ahead and use it if you need/want it. They said that they couldn't without her fathers signature, because he's the owner(in his 80's). The neighbor is getting pissed, because times a wasting. Things progress slowly up nort to begin with. They don't want to have to pay storage on their boat again this year, hence wanting the garage. They can't figure out why this has become such a problem. They just want a yes or no answer, and how much$$$$$$$$$. They left on Sun. morning...............Sun. afternoon, the dog was running around again on their property. to be continued...............................

That pooch is gonna get popped by someone eventually. Then it will cause bad feelings whether they know who did it or not.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

^^exactly what I've been thinking. Although I think I know how this movie ends, it's still fun to stick around and with for the credits to roll.

Went up nort this past weekend. The neighbors were there...........................no new dog damage. The neighbors dog has been staying away from ours and the neighbors properties. The logs and stumps that had been dumped on the neighbors property are still there. They have made no headway in negotiations on the piece of property that they need for their driveway. I told them that they should probably forget about that idea, because nothing is ever going to come of it, and they will probably never get a answer that they can go forward with. I don't think that they are going to get anything accomplished except for maybe a garage. They are now hinting around that they may want to park their boat in my pole barn, with $$$$$$$$$ of course. I will have to turn them down. A boat in my pole barn with pocket change enumeration just isn't worth the hassle. I don't think that they will be happy, but they'll have to get over it. I don't want the responsibility or the hassle. They are from Illinois, and people from Illinois up here are referred to as fibs..........***#ing Illinois bastards. No one really likes Illinois people here because all they do is come up to my state and trash things, ignore rules and law. They come here because food, lodging and booze are about half of what it is in Illinois. I think they are going to have a real problem getting co-operation from anyone. I don't hold any personal grudges against them, and would like to see them accomplish what they desire, but the way it's looking, it may never happen. to be continued...........

Please continue these updates.
    Reminds me of when I was in the Navy, my grandmother used to write about once a month with all the latest gossip and goings on. I did not know half the folks, but really enjoyed the stories she told.
    NRA Benefactor

Yeah, the updates are fun to read. We had an easement issue when we bought property to build our house. It played out like a soap also. The lane owner didn't want more traffic, couldn't blame her, but we bought the parcel before we even encountered them. We finally got the easement and built, so they moved away. Sold their house, now we have some great neighbors. Our saga turned out ok.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I could tell stories of my other neighborhood in the city, and it would make up nort tame. That's why I head north whenever possible. I found a new gun club in another town close by me. The wifey and I took a drive over on Sat. just to take a look. One of my neighbors is a member. $20 a year. Clubhouse, pretty nice trap area with 2 concrete bunkers, very nice concrete shooting lanes. I just want to shoot handguns. I checked the area, and they have nothin fancy. Nice berms, and my neighbor told me that in about 8 years of being a member, he hasn't seen anyone there during the day, ever. My kind of place. You can practice many things that aren't allowed at most ranges. Could be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1873 View Post
    Yeah, the updates are fun to read. We had an easement issue when we bought property to build our house. It played out like a soap also. The lane owner didn't want more traffic, couldn't blame her, but we bought the parcel before we even encountered them. We finally got the easement and built, so they moved away. Sold their house, now we have some great neighbors. Our saga turned out ok.
    I had to get an easement with my neighbor, so I could put up a wall and a fence. They were both very old, and I had to go to a nursing home, to get the husbands signature. Lot's of running around with a lawyer, while the cash register was rolling. PIMA.................what she didn't realize is that most people don't like to purchase houses that have easements on them. I found out that when the owner passes, it will be owned by the state. They may or may not want to get the easement off......................that would cost them$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Luckily, we didn't build anything on the easement, it's just road access. In our county, if the road is used once a year, access cannot be denied if a easement was ever granted. No land-locking.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman