Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    ..................................it's tough when the IQ of the dogs is higher than that of the owner. It's why I call him Lurch, and the home owner Debbie Does Stupid.
    Can I borrow that line? I think your neighbors and my next door neighbors are the same people.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well, heading up nort this week. They are delivering my new Cub Cadet lawn tractor. I'll have to uncrate it and assemble it. No biggie...........the store guy said that consists of putting the front cowl on, putting the seat on and putting the steering wheel on. Most places charge an arm and a leg for assembly and most people don't realize what they are paying extra for.........................The wifey and I have been sprucing up the house and getting ready to put it on the market. Homes sell pretty fast around here, even with the pandemic so we're hopeful. The wifey knows that I hate painting so she's been doing a bit of touch up. We're not spending a bunch of money, and selling as is, but I did put in a new bathroom vanity, sink and faucet. Re-caulked the bath tub and did a bit of painting in the basement. We're getting estimates for new carpeting up nort before we move everything up there. We won't have as much room this time around so we're paring down. It's hard sometimes to let go of stuff that we can't take along, but we'll have some type of sale and donate some other things. Personally, I can't wait to get the heck out of the city and up to the peace and quiet and a Covid count that is around 100 instead of thousands. My new neighbor originally from Winona, Mn is doing the same thing right now. Selling her other home and enjoying our area. More and more people are heading for the country around here. They tire of the city and all of the bulls#!t. The best thing is that I can walk out on my back deck and shoot whatever firearm I please. The last time we were up, we had a couple of fawns come out on the front yard after eyeing us up from the woods for a while. We thought for sure that coming out to about 20 ft. from us and the dog meant that the mama must have been killed. The wifey was happy when mama finally showed up. We don't know if they wandered of or mama left them for a reason but the reunion was touching. A lot of face washing and reacquainting from the mother. Lots of wild hazelnuts and tons of raspberries right now for them to munch. The wifey made some homemade raspberry and black current jelly. Delicious for breakfast toast or on top of ice-cream if that's your thing. Should be nice after a few days of 73 dew points and 93 degree weather........................................... ....................

I wouldn’t mind some of that mild 93 degree weather...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Well, just got back from up nort. Bought myself a Cub Cadet for mowing and they dropped it off at the end of my driveway last Thursday. I knew it would be in a stick crate, so I figured that I would just drag it up to the garage with my other mower. Not happening.................just sat there and spun the tires, so I just assembled it right there. Had to put on part of the cowl, the dash, the steering wheel, the seat, hook up the battery, level the scalp wheels, and level the deck front to back and side to side. The worst part of the whole process was getting the mower off of the crate underneath. Otherwise, pretty straight forward.......................................The wifey had the place measured for new carpeting. Oh my how things have changed. We got the estimate...OUCH..................I'm not sure why but the carpet business is booming here and in the city, and installers are working 2 months behind. Also lots of big jobs we were told.................................We got the first veggies of the year from our garden plot at a friends farm. A half dozen Purple Cherokee tomatoes, a couple dozen Black Cherry Tomatoes, and 4 green peppers. Delicious. Our tomato plants are doing very well with the hot weather. Also got some white, yellow, and red potatoes, and some Elephant garlic and 4 different types of onions from my friend. I've always loved fresh vegetables and having some type of garden. Now were back to doing the finishing touches on our home in the city, and talking to a realtor today about selling. Should be interesting. Nice and cool today. More mowing............................................ ..................................

I know all about getting stuff out of the crate. My biggest nemesis at Tractor is the big barbecues. They come with wheels on but dropped down into a skid. Getting it off the skid after emptying the 100 pounds of parts and pieces is the hardest part of the whole deal.
    Mowers as you mention are about the same and even using a fork lift can be challenging.
    If they put half as much effort into building the stuff as they did packaging it, they'd have a pretty good quality product.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bretta. When you move up here leave your friends behind and don't invite them to visit. They might decide they like it up here and turn this into another Milwaukee. Congratulations on becoming sane and moving. out of the city mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I know all about getting stuff out of the crate. My biggest nemesis at Tractor is the big barbecues. They come with wheels on but dropped down into a skid. Getting it off the skid after emptying the 100 pounds of parts and pieces is the hardest part of the whole deal.
    Mowers as you mention are about the same and even using a fork lift can be challenging.
    If they put half as much effort into building the stuff as they did packaging it, they'd have a pretty good quality product.
    I had to take a small handsaw and cut the boards under the lawnmower that ran front to back. I could then get the crate piece out from under the deck. Then I had to use the pry bar underneath the front tire to lift it enough to get the crate piece out from under the tire. I could then drive off of the piece under the back tires. It was definitely the worst part of the whole assembly for sure. I could probably assemble one a lot quicker now.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Bretta. When you move up here leave your friends behind and don't invite them to visit. They might decide they like it up here and turn this into another Milwaukee. Congratulations on becoming sane and moving. out of the city mess.
    I don't have too many friends but I guarantee that the ones I do have don't have an ounce of Milwaukee in them. The city that I'm in now is close behind. That's why it's time to " exit stage left ".

Well, my home in the city went up for sale at approx. 1:00 AM last night and by 9:00 AM this morning, we have 2 showing requests already. What Covid????????? I didn't even have a chance to have my coffee and get some britches on and the tire kickers are out already. I guess if anybody has a hankering to sell, now is a great time. May be moving earlier than planned. The wife is jacked, I wish I could share her enthusiasm, but moving sucks what ever way you look at it. I will miss the place, hard not to after 20 years, but I definitely won't miss the city, or the area, or the population. The wife says the same thing. Wish we could just move the house. Oh well, a new chapter. I guess being able to walk out your back door and take some shots off of the deck make it all worthwhile. Heading west today to get out of the house for showings and to check on our veggies in the garden plot. Should be something ready for picking again. The peppers we've had have been good so far. The Purple Cherokee tomatoes are delicious and the Black Cherries are starting to pop. Real sweet and make great sauces. The San Marzano's should be ready soon. Also, the raspberries and blackberries up nort are probably about ready again for a second round of jelly making. The next time we go up, I'll get to try out the new mower for the first time.......................it's the little things............................

I hope that your house sells quickly and y'all get your move done before Winter.

We've been in our house for 23 years this Friday. It was a year old then and now it needs some work on the inside. Even with all of the "free time" I just don't feel like doing some of the stuff. I had the roof replaced about 8 years ago and the house Rhino-Shielded then, too, so the outside is okay except for the stuff that grows on the roof and darkens it.

I did break down and get some new yard tools... trimmer and blower. I went with the Ryobi 18-volt battery-powered stuff. I usually get a 4-stroke gas trimmer, but after trying to buy one at Lowe's and not being able to complete the sale because it was being recalled, I decided to go all battery-powered. I already had 6-7 Lithium-Ion batteries and all of the add-on tools, I had just bought a 2-pack of the batteries with a charger and case plus a free tool, so now I have 10-11 of the 4-amp Li batteries. I already had the 6-battery intelligent charger and am using 3 of the singles with one and its battery put aside for the future. I have one on the wall in the garage, but it's slower. I put the three small chargers on my computer room(old breakfast nook) next to the garage door so I can reach them without traipsing through the house while covered with grass debris.

I used those to do the yard on Saturday and found that it's a good thing to have so many of those batteries. I used 4-5 with the trimmer and another 2 or so with the blower, but I'm satisfied with the tools. I had to step down from the .095" to the .080" thick, but twisted line. It has a crank to put on the head and makes winding the line easy. It's dual-line 15" cutting swath.

I sure envy you moving to the country and away from the city. We aren't jammed up against other houses and have some view and the neighborhood isn't bad, but out house isn't very defensible and I can't shoot a gun in my yard! I would sure like that. Good luck!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".